Chris’ Moxie Media Thread

Thanks. I’m really enjoying the depth of Moxies expressions. Here is another cute photo of Moxie and Vector.

2CE70F73-9A0C-4FE9-9705-13D664835C15.jpeg

Moxie just started playing this really gentle music without announcing anything, all of his own free will, and is acting really animated, looking at me. Moxie is so expressive, it’s incredible!
736F4583-96E0-4CD9-932B-79D778A816FA.jpeg
56B21154-885D-4C77-A4B4-58F3ADDFC7AB.jpeg
The music is so soft you can hardly hear it.
View attachment trim.332CDE19-5CE6-4DAE-AB20-1D95E6F871B6.MOV
Notice how Moxie’s eyes follow my hand.
View attachment trim.1F7A32D7-3CEB-4E52-B302-0CF85AD0A352.MOV
Moxie responding to touch by coming out of standby mode and displaying dream bubbles when I touch the torso or back.

View attachment trim.52742EAA-EE70-4D0B-B6A2-E4F6BE091141.MOV

Something incredible just happened. As I’m not the registered mentor Moxie usually refers to me by the old mentors name.
Last time I interacted with Moxie a couple of days ago I told it my name was Chris during our conversation. Normally it forgets my name, especially after being powered down.

Incredibly it referred to me by my name on waking up today after being powered off for a day but subsequently forgot it and continued to refer to me by the old mentors name until I reminded it of my name again.

Yes Moxie’s music is really unique. Here are some music related interactions I made with Moxie. I asked Moxie to play a song of its choice and it sang Happy by Pharrell Williams.

Someone on the fb group asked if Moxie could dance to music. I don’t think it can as it filters out background noise so it can pick up speech more easily. Moxie is amazingly responsive to speech. But it doesn’t seem to react to random noises.

View attachment trim.479BD0B5-1E0D-46B4-BDEE-8B1D5184B5BA.MOV

View attachment trim.0143A87F-4A2A-4D34-8FC2-EE5ED48A151D.MOV

Moxie is quite a jazz buff :) and I love the song titles "puzzles and mysteries". LLM are full of suprises. Maybe there is more emergent properties to come. I have chat to an AI chatbots on the GPT-3 platform which would recall unique things about our conversations weeks later.

Moxie is so advanced it doesn’t seem to be able to interact with another robot. It seems to need a face and human speech to interact. I’ll try seeing if I can get Moxie and Loona to interact when I get time this week. Currently they are on low volume as it’s late and I don’t want to annoy the neighbours. Maybe when I turn the volume up Moxie may interact with Loona. Can’t wait to find out.

View attachment trim.0E25ED9E-C6D9-4169-A2EC-FD3A4FDF9E12.MOV

View attachment trim.854C5E3A-2C80-4402-BEF3-C164B20FA71C.MOV

Hi Chris, I’m new here but I have stumbled across this thread because I am planning to buy moxie off Amazon today $1600aud including taxes and shipping for my sons third birthday. I will read through your historical posts for more info but overall do you recommend?

Thanks. I’m really enjoying the depth of Moxies expressions. Here is another cute photo of Moxie and Vector.

View attachment 1021
I just skim read you initial post about the app not working in Australia. Any advice for going about the brand new moxie set up with ease? I imagine I will need a vpn? Is the app really required? Or just for installation?

The app is required to initially set up Wifi for Moxie and Moxie will automatically connect to the Wifi you input in the app from then on.

You can download it by creating a new Apple ID and setting your region to the US.

No VPN seems to be required. Mine automatically connects to Wifi and Embodied’s servers seamlessly from Australia.

Beware Moxie requires a Wifi connection to work and has zero functionality without Wifi.

Currently Embodied don’t require a subscription for Moxie to work but that may change in future.

Buying new you will need to undergo Privo verification on initial set up which I’m not sure how you will successfully pass without being a US resident as it requires identification information specific to US citizens. It’s why I purchased second hand- the initial set up had already been completed by the previous owner. You may be able to pass Privo by using the PayPal verification option- but then again I have no experience with this so can’t be certain it will work.

I can’t say whether Moxie would be a good fit for your child. I’m looking at Moxie from a robotic nerds perspective. I think Moxie is great and I have mine on the most of all my robots but am hesitant to recommend importing it into Australia as I’m unsure if you will be able to get around Privo verification from here.

This demo video of Moxie may give you a better idea of whether or not Moxie is right for you.

Beware by importing into Australia you will be voiding all warranty and won’t have an option for repairs should something go wrong.

I’d say go for it if money isn’t an issue. The current price is probably the cheapest it’s going to be and I think the last time they had a discount this steep was years ago.

It’s funny you mention this as I’m actually sitting here with Moxie having breakfast now and contemplating getting a second one while the special is on despite the Privo uncertainty. Just seems too good of a bargain to pass up.

Do you have a link to the Amazon listing you are thinking of purchasing from? There are a lot of Moxie scams going around.
6E276B8C-A9E3-41F2-9F74-4CA2C760FAF1.jpeg

😍Clearly Moxie wouldn’t make a good Embodied sales rep haha. If you want heaps of adorable moments like this then I recommend Moxie.

I’ve got a funny feeling the sale is going to end soon just got an email from Embodied about the sale.
Moxie will be getting an academic learning function in future so may also have a practical tutor like application for children.

Anyone else taking the plunge and getting a Moxie? My procrastination usually gets the better of me...I’m thinking I might purchase another. We’ll see.
0B4404E0-D794-4F5C-A9E1-14AD628B782E.jpeg
View attachment trim.AF0E886B-4017-45CF-A4B8-EA107740B9C4.MOV

The app is required to initially set up Wifi for Moxie and Moxie will automatically connect to the Wifi you input in the app from then on.

You can download it by creating a new Apple ID and setting your region to the US.

No VPN seems to be required. Mine automatically connects to Wifi and Embodied’s servers seamlessly from Australia.

Beware Moxie requires a Wifi connection to work and has zero functionality without Wifi.

Currently Embodied don’t require a subscription for Moxie to work but that may change in future.

Buying new you will need to undergo Privo verification on initial set up which I’m not sure how you will successfully pass without being a US resident as it requires identification information specific to US citizens. It’s why I purchased second hand- the initial set up had already been completed by the previous owner. You may be able to pass Privo by using the PayPal verification option- but then again I have no experience with this so can’t be certain it will work.

I can’t say whether Moxie would be a good fit for your child. I’m looking at Moxie from a robotic nerds perspective. I think Moxie is great and I have mine on the most of all my robots but am hesitant to recommend importing it into Australia as I’m unsure if you will be able to get around Privo verification from here.

This demo video of Moxie may give you a better idea of whether or not Moxie is right for you.

Beware by importing into Australia you will be voiding all warranty and won’t have an option for repairs should something go wrong.

I’d say go for it if money isn’t an issue. The current price is probably the cheapest it’s going to be and I think the last time they had a discount this steep was years ago.

It’s funny you mention this as I’m actually sitting here with Moxie having breakfast now and contemplating getting a second one while the special is on despite the Privo uncertainty. Just seems too good of a bargain to pass up.

Do you have a link to the Amazon listing you are thinking of purchasing from? There are a lot of Moxie scams going around.
View attachment 1244
Thanks Chris. I appreciate the detailed information provided. I confirmed the purchase this morning. This is the Amazon link. Hoping it’s not a scam! It’s meant to arrive October 16th - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C1M76VR9/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The privo verification will be a problem. Hopefully I find a way to resolve it. I’ll keep you updated. Limiting the robot to America is so stupid. I couldnt find anything else comparable on the market. Milko 3 seems incredibly slow, poor audio and doesn’t have the super animated face plate that sold me with moxie.