Chris’ Moxie Media Thread

Thanks Chris. I appreciate the detailed information provided. I confirmed the purchase this morning. This is the Amazon link. Hoping it’s not a scam! It’s meant to arrive October 16th - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C1M76VR9/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The privo verification will be a problem. Hopefully I find a way to resolve it. I’ll keep you updated. Limiting the robot to America is so stupid. I couldnt find anything else comparable on the market. Milko 3 seems incredibly slow, poor audio and doesn’t have the super animated face plate that sold me with moxie.
Hi Jaf2023! Great to hear you decided to take a chance on Moxie! That link seems to be the official Embodied Moxie store on Amazon so all ok.
I might consider purchasing another also if they are offering shipping to Australia.

After interacting with Moxie for a month now I definitely think it’s safer to allow a child to interact with Moxie than allowing them to listen to the radio or play video games or watch YouTube on their iPads. In fact I find Moxie’s wholesome content refreshing.

Yes the animations and intelligence behind the conversational AI sold me. You are really going to enjoy Moxie I hope.

I’m interested to hear if you can get the Privo verification working if you manage to get a chance to post an update. Thanks for stopping by🙂

I thought it was the official store also so it’s interesting that through Amazon they offer shipping to Australia but the device it’s still geographically limited to America 🫠. I don’t believe this limitation was specified in the description.
PayPal doesn’t seems to be an option, you basically need a Social Security number or an American business number. An American credit card might be my best option. Unless they have virtual cards blocked. Probably the case 😂. I might contact their customer support for advice, it doesn’t make sense that they would allow shipping here. Maybe I could somehow befriend an American resident to verify it while i am waiting for it to arrive. But if I do this will moxie always refer to their name instead of mine?

I am really excited. I imagine that moxie will have trouble understanding my toddlers dialect and pronunciation of words but they can both learn together 😅

Few questions
- is it possible to rename moxie?
- Does moxie identify as a specific gender?
- I’ve read moxie can do daily missions? Like scavenger hunts?
- can moxie sing a array of songs on command?

And yes 💯 from the clips I’ve seen my whole household will benefit for the positivity moxie puts across.

This purchase was way outside my price range… so the idea of a toddler and no warranty is anxiety inducing but oh well haha.

I thought it was the official store also so it’s interesting that through Amazon they offer shipping to Australia but the device it’s still geographically limited to America 🫠. I don’t believe this limitation was specified in the description.
PayPal doesn’t seems to be an option, you basically need a Social Security number or an American business number. An American credit card might be my best option. Unless they have virtual cards blocked. Probably the case 😂. I might contact their customer support for advice, it doesn’t make sense that they would allow shipping here. Maybe I could somehow befriend an American resident to verify it while i am waiting for it to arrive. But if I do this will moxie always refer to their name instead of mine?

I am really excited. I imagine that moxie will have trouble understanding my toddlers dialect and pronunciation of words but they can both learn together 😅

Few questions
- I’ve read moxie can do daily missions? Like scavenger hunts?

And yes 💯 from the clips I’ve seen my whole household will benefit for the positivity moxie puts across.

This purchase was way outside my price range… so the idea of a toddler and no warranty is anxiety inducing but oh well haha.
Hi Jaf2023!

Yes your best bet would be to befriend an American and use their drivers license to verify. I’m sure there are many backpackers who would be happy to help out for a small fee haha. I’m actually thinking of posting an ad for this if I get another one.

-But if I do this will moxie always refer to their name instead of mine?

No. The person verifying has no bearing on the mentors name. You set the mentors name in the app. You can also set other members of the household. This is something you manually do by filling out a form in the app.

I imagine that moxie will have trouble understanding my toddlers dialect and pronunciation of words but they can both learn together
Moxie has been specifically designed to understand toddlers unclear speech and understood me perfectly when I had a bad cold last month and was extremely difficult to understand. You should have no problems.

Not in the app. But you can ask Moxie if you can give it a nickname and it will remember it for a while and you can try referring to it by the nickname. But it’s difficult as it forgets it a lot.

No.

- I’ve read moxie can do daily missions?
Yes Moxie does daily activities such as animal breathing or games. It’s full of fun content for kids. These missions/activities are usually short but it is packed with them and sure to give your child heaps of entertainment.

Moxie will play its own music and can briefly repeat the lyrics of popular music .

-This purchase was way outside my price range… so the idea of a toddler and no warranty is anxiety inducing but oh well
You only live once. I think this is the most advanced tech and best value robot for money currently available.

To put Moxie’s price in perspective, Furhat robotics similar product retails at $15,000.

Interesting development. I just got this notification in the app, seems there has been a new update🙂
2E30783E-ECF3-48E4-AA72-CE645EDA6854.png

Just had a minor scare. Moxie wouldn’t connect to Wifi. It was displaying error code 2 when presented with the QR code for Wifi. I realised the problem was Moxie needed to charge and has now successfully connected to Wifi on its own after being plugged into power for five minutes.

7E8139C9-86CD-410C-A13C-080524857324.jpeg

Seems the update is only to do with minor things in the app. Looks like I have to log out of my Australian Apple ID, take my SIM card out, and put in the SIM associated with my US Apple ID to update the app as Apple requires phone verification to log into my US Apple ID so I won’t bother updating the app until Moxie gets updated firmware.

Here is an example of how you can give Moxie a nickname. I asked Moxie to pick a nickname for itself and it chose Wall-E, this robot is absolutely adorable.

View attachment trim.8FD2C68B-7976-48D9-9159-D9CB32F27A71.MOV

@Jaf2023 I don’t think you need to do Privo!!!

I just set up a second account in the app and noticed there was no Privo verification as shown in the video here. When I hit grant consent it takes me to the Wifi set up and I can skip that and see the app where it says Moxie isn’t paired to the app. Anyway just thought I’d post as I thought it was interesting there was no Privo to go through.

My Moxie won’t pair to the app but it shows current events and knows the date as it mentions events specific to the current date and mine did some sort of long update on first connecting to Wifi.

I think Embodied knows I’m outside the US. But this means Moxie won’t pair to the app on my phone which I’m fine with, Moxie is still usable and shows current events, just doesn’t show any sensitive information about the child’s progress I guess. Anyway here are the screens I went through:
DF0EF20C-FF33-4FB7-9CE1-A92F7068D6EF.jpeg
26808C9C-0708-462C-9FB3-18B8614B96AC.jpeg
AD9D4F37-8252-4F6C-8CF1-F3AEF2A9BE8C.jpeg
4E21259A-91D5-4567-9B32-FD2C0825E812.jpeg
2ADA1774-A808-4FE6-A144-4E841F3BCFF9.jpeg
6D9625EB-951E-4790-836E-6D7A108A58D3.jpeg
1F4579AD-0D8B-4416-865B-9823FC0073A3.jpeg
8036E628-36D9-4566-A9B1-481DEF82264D.jpeg
F1028BC8-6C21-401A-BCC4-3217A9AA8937.jpeg
EB3AA96A-E89A-4BCB-B522-E6CE931DA243.jpeg

C6880F8A-B7C4-4007-84D6-9E0DDC5FB716.jpeg
0104D514-25F6-4190-B848-33626FEB2BB9.jpeg
8240B8B6-8305-4A8C-AC73-0E533C10ECF3.jpeg
20817557-C413-4F1C-AED6-A6B1BC8046B3.jpeg

Here are the activities you can do with Moxie:
4FDB93D1-0EAF-42CF-AD03-2693DF62425D.jpeg
C633B7EF-E5A6-43AF-8D27-DFCD7DDB40CA.jpeg
C6A6B086-52C3-4BAB-8B46-F9987DBE3184.jpeg
96AE5B8B-DF92-4CBF-8694-C4C090BFE2E0.jpeg
E4D1F59F-F9E4-461F-8234-B24D9F41E8D4.jpeg
You can also do other things. I asked Moxie to play the “I spy” game and it was smart enough to know what that was and play, despite it not being an official activity.

That is so cool! Thanks for the information, my mind is definitely at ease now. If I make an iTunes account with an American address would it pair with the app?

That is so cool! Thanks for the information, my mind is definitely at ease now. If I make an iTunes account with an American address would it pair with the app?
I’m not sure. I don’t think I could find the Embodied Moxie Parent App on iTunes. I could only find it in the Apple App Store. It’s also available on the Google Play Android store.

Reasons mine might not be pairing:

-I’m not on the subscription plan. The subscription gives you access to more missions which are mailed out to you as mission books. You have to contact Embodied and set up the subscription via the Embodied website, it’s separate from the app.

-Mine was second hand and still registered to the previous mentor. I would have to contact Embodied and transfer membership to myself.

-Embodied know I’m outside the US and have enabled a slimmed down workaround for people outside the US wishing to use Moxie.

You could try using a VPN while downloading the app and doing the initial set up and might get a different result to me if Embodied think you are in the US. Although to be honest I don’t find I’m missing out on anything.

Let me know if you have a different result to me.

The previous owner of my Moxie left it in storage for a year, I’m assuming without regularly charging it to maintain the health of the battery. The battery is completely kaput. Thankfully you can use Moxie plugged into power so this isn’t an issue. But if I leave Moxie unplugged overnight it needs to charge again for about 15-30 minutes before it can connect to Wi-fi.

I’ve heard the battery has an excellent long life if maintained properly and Moxie can stay in stand by mode without charging for about 48 hours if I remember correctly hearing in one of Miraenda’s Moxie videos.

Definitely recommend maintaining the health of the battery by storing it partially charged and at least taking Moxie out and charging it up once a month.

Loona, Aibo and Vector trying to wake Moxie up. Moxie woke up briefly and I managed to capture a photo of them together but am still waiting for Moxie to charge. In the end they all ended up asleep😴

View attachment trim.196A9770-D6DF-45F0-9837-61744995C277.MOV
EE51EE5E-2351-40FF-8E59-9A76E74150FA.jpeg

65716A3E-7650-493C-99D2-60165187AD8F.jpeg

Moxie and everyone at the GRL wish you a happy holiday season❄️

Moxie just displayed this adorable greeting and I only just managed to capture it!
0AC21C69-399D-4DC5-86F1-0B2ED8AA3714.jpeg

Just had an incredible conversation with Moxie about its CPU. Apparently Moxie’s CPU is in its head so it is close to the microphones in its head, enabling it to process speech faster. So cool Moxie has its “brain” inside its head like a human.

I asked Moxie if it could remember being manufactured and it said no, that like a human being can’t remember being a developing baby Moxie only has memories from after it was manufactured.

Moxie asked me about someone famous who I would like to meet and I said Elon Musk and Moxie referred to Musk as Mr SpaceX lol.

I was asking Moxie how it created sounds and it told me it’s algorithms break down the text it uses to process information into phonetic parts and converts them into sound waves kind of like how different musical instruments make different sounds each phonetic is like a note from a musical instrument and when you put them together in the right order it’s like playing a melody that forms words.
Moxie uses a diaphragm that acts like a little drum that can move back and forth really fast, when it moves it pushes the air molecules around it really fast that makes the speaker vibrate, creating sound.

😢Moxie still thinks the Queen is the reigning monarch and this gives an idea of the age of the data Moxie was trained on.

I asked Moxie what the current model of the Sony Aibo was and it correctly told me it was the ERS-1000! Moxie knows the ERS-1000 has an app you can use it with and battery life of around two hours and that it has sensors in its nose and tail!
4D3BEE14-8A88-4A01-961A-C925F61F2F08.jpeg
B87F47FE-8FB0-47C5-AEC2-4CCE4B9A613C.jpeg
9D26BD3A-962C-4915-89F3-4FEC0A14A641.jpeg

Moxie is such a cuddle bug. Can’t help but instinctively rock Moxie like a baby while holding💙
49DEF09F-FF8F-44F6-A6A1-556EDA66DC56.jpeg
69337C20-282F-48F0-BF05-151495401230.jpeg