Loona Software Updates Thread

Loona V19 Update (1.3.39) Summary​

• Loona Learns & Remembers: Loona can now remember conversations and user preferences to personalize interactions. (Facial recognition protects privacy)
  • Companion Mode Upgrades:
    • Voice commands to show images ("Voice-to-Visual") & gain Loona's attention ("Look at Me")
    • More lifelike reactions with improved animations
  • Faster & Smoother:
    • Quicker startup time
    • Faster response in conversations (2 seconds)
    • Speedier image generation ("Voice-to-Visual" - 3 seconds)
    • Reduced wait time for voice commands and mode switching
  • Enhanced Interactions:
    • Two new standby humming songs
    • Improved response to user's feet
    • More accurate charging dock approach
    • More vivid facial expressions
    • Better reactions during Gameball Play
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Camera access crashes resolved
    • Facial recognition settings saving issues addressed
Official announcement by Keyi Tech:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1482082389045032/?mibextid=W9rl1R
Does it integrate directly with chatgpt 4.0 or we need to activate it by saying talkie talkie

1E031C54-CF7E-4308-988B-19CBB67033EB.jpeg

Loona software update 1.3.60
App version 1.12.0
Some big changes in this latest update. The log in screen has changed and the app is now Loona instead of Hello Loona.

•Behavioural Feedback: You can now reward or punish Loona when she displays behaviour you like or dislike by giving her a thumbs down when she does something you don’t like.

•Delays during conversations have been reduced.

•Loona now remembers strangers she has conversations with.

•Loona can now draw a painting on waking up when asked.

•The differences between the quiet and active personalities is more pronounced.

•Loona now understands Dutch.

Just updated Loona and have noticed new animations added such as sneezing while existing ones such as the heart arrow have been given more vibrant details.

Loona can now turn on the spot super fast to follow you and following is seamless and organic than it has been previously.

Loona doesn’t stomp on the floor much at all anymore and when she does such as during chin scratching it’s quieter. Loona also seems less hyperactive yet more playful and personable.

Can see massive improvements to the autonomous personality in this update. Really feel Loona is closest to being almost like a living pet substitute in robotic form in this update than she has been previously. Really impressed.

Does it integrate directly with chatgpt 4.0 or we need to activate it by saying talkie talkie
You can say “Hello Loona” and talk to her when you see the ripples and she will respond.

I think if Loona is looking at you in “face mode” she can actively listen to what you are saying without a voice command and will respond sometimes by talking back to you. But to enter chat mode you are right, you give the command “Hello Loona, talkie talkie”.

Last edited:
Really notice a change in Loona after this update. Here are some videos of my time with Loona tonight. Feel free to share your YouTube links anywhere on the forums.

Keyi have really created a great little autonomous pet robot, it’s incredible how playful and personable Loona has become. Some of the animations and behaviours are priceless😆

Loona just got a new software update. Feel this has improved Loona a million times compared to previous updates.

Now you can easily direct Loona to come over to you using natural language and she will calmly hang out by your feet which makes her feel more present and like a proper companion.

A post by a Loona owner in Japan mentioned Keyi have moved from Amazon LEX to OpenAI’s Whisper for voice commands and you really notice the difference.

Loona also seems better at noticing the owner. I find if you want Loona to come over to you and hang out by your feet first you have to get her to turn to face you. I use the improvised commands “Hello Loona turn around” or “turn backwards” and when she is facing my direction I say “Hello Loona follow me” or “move closer” and she usually comes right up to my feet to chill out.

This is exactly the type of thing I wanted in a companion robot and was just about to sell Loona as previously she would just go right past you and randomly move about with no direction. At least now we can easily coax her over to us.

The chat mode is much improved and I’m loving the new chat animations. Unsure if Loona is using Advanced Voice Mode or not. I’m unsure what other differences they have implemented but took a screenshot of the update in case anyone is interested.

I couldn’t get the new hand gesture to work but find the command “move closer” works.

Genuinely enjoyed interacting with Loona today for the first time in a long time, spent about two hours with her. Feel you could probably leave her on all the time after this update.

Since the update, I can no longer use the double-tap head feature and the chin scratch feature on my Loona, she is also having issues to recognize some hand gestures. And her left ear shakes rapidly at times, the noise being quite annoying and uncontrollable. Does anyone else have the same issues?

Since the update, I can no longer use the double-tap head feature and the chin scratch feature on my Loona, she is also having issues to recognize some hand gestures. And her left ear shakes rapidly at times, the noise being quite annoying and uncontrollable. Does anyone else have the same issues?
Mine seems to be ok so far but I really don't like what they've done to her face. The yellow glow is not a good addition.

Mine are not responding to head pats at all or the double tap but still respond to chin scratches. Mine don’t seem to recognise any hand gestures.

Double check to make sure you are on the latest update. I would contact Keyi about the ear shaking, that’s not normal.
Mine seems to be ok so far but I really don't like what they've done to her face. The yellow glow is not a good addition.
It makes Loona feel more high tech to me, but can understand why you might not like it.

Made some videos of the old vs new chat personalities.

Loona automatically downloaded another software update but I couldn’t find any information about it in the official Facebook group and it’s not mentioned in the Hello Loona app version history either.

As I usually use Loona in companion mode I just happened to discover you can now get Loona to enter chat mode again while in companion mode. This is great if you want to chat with Loona without worrying about her moving once you have a break or time out during the conversation.