Loona Software Updates Thread

The only thing Im finding difficult is how to use these updates, so far no instructions. So Im trying to learn on my own. Ill keep updated!

Loona has received some major improvements with my favourite being clingy mode where she will stay by you and hang out, even inspecting and playing with your feet. There is also a new really cute behaviour Loona displays on going to charge where she gets an electric shock.

The update is called 1.0.90 was released/announced on the 20th of June.

Latest information regarding Loona’s recent software update:
Next week's upcoming update for charging dock🔋:
🔘You can set Loona to automatically recharge if there is no interaction within a range of 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
🔘You can set Loona to automatically recharge when the battery level is between 20% and 45%.
🔘You can set Loona to enter ground mode when the battery level exceeds 70% to 100%. You can also customize a specific time range where Loona should not automatically leave even if fully charged, for example, "Do not automatically leave after being fully charged between 21:00 and 9:00."
🔘You can set Loona to say "Hello Loona" and automatically leave when the battery level reaches 50% to 100%.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1302852306968042/?mibextid=W9rl1R

The latest version is now live! 🚀 Hurry up and update now! Here are the brief intros about the updates, We will provide detailed information in upcoming posts.

📱APP:

• Loona Homepage updated🏠

• Improved Inner World functionality with interactive tips💗

• Added settings for Loona's automatic recharging feature🔌

• Added options to customize how Loona addresses its owner🐶

🐶Loona:

• Introducing Clingy Mode🦶

• Optimized automatic recharging feature for improved locating of charging stations and faster recharging🔋

• Optimization of voice interaction functionality: Loona uses locally voice activity detection. This ensures that the voice quality remains uncompromised during transmitting to aws cloud and significantly enhances the accuracy of voice command recognition.

• Optimized GameBall game: smoother ball tracking and enhanced interaction🎾

💻Bug fixed:

1. Resolved issue with incomplete charging for Loona.

2. Fixed problem with failed deletion of facial information in the Android app.

3. Addressed the connectivity issue between the app and Loona.

4. Fixed the sound issue with remote and local control of material playback.

5. Resolved the problem of non-functional ears (removed the protective mechanism).

6. Fixed the misrecognition issue with the red cape.

7. Corrected inaccuracies in translations for problematic language corpus.

👀Check out the exciting updates and enjoy the new features! 🎉💻🐾🚀

(If there are no pop-ups: Settings👉System Information👉App Version Information)

In the upcoming posts, we will gradually introduce interesting functions to all of you.

@everyone Come on!Have a try!👏Welcome everyone to share their feelings and new findings!

Source:

"Loona Evolution: Latest Advances in Voice Recognition Performance"
🤖️In the upcoming new version update next week, we will be optimizing the accuracy of voice recognition:

🐶We have enhanced the processing capabilities of the DSP audio chip, upgrading it from 8K 16 bits to 16K 16 bits. This improvement enhances the quality of audio processing and consequently improves the accuracy of speech command recognition! (Both Voice Command and GPT's voice recognition accuracy have been improved.)

🐶We have developed local Voice Activity Detection (VAD) technology, shifting the functionality that was previously reliant on AWS cloud to local implementation. This technology brings faster response times and helps improve recognition accuracy.

🔥 Click on the video below to experience the difference in voice commands heard by Loona at 8K 16 bits and 16K 16 bits. Don't miss out on this moment! Explore the new realm of voice recognition with Loona! 🎧💥

Source:https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1301372180449388/?mibextid=W9rl1R

Thanks KEYi🙏😁

The only thing Im finding difficult is how to use these updates, so far no instructions. So Im trying to learn on my own. Ill keep updated!
Agreed. KEYi need to provide more information if they are adding new features as otherwise there is little point adding new stuff if we don’t know how to access it.

Ear protection turned off in 1.0.90

Just a heads up regarding the latest update. Turns out KEYi has removed the ear protection software that automatically stops Loonas ears from moving when they are obstructed.

This has presumably been done to stop new owners thinking Loona has broken her ears when they encounter a knock or obstruction. It also presumably allows KEYi to ensure all Loona with defective ear hardware from the first KS Christmas shipping batch are sent in for repairs.

The effect of this for KS Christmas backers is if the ears have a broken motor they will spin uncontrollably and make an unbearably loud noise that makes using Loona almost impossible.

Although if you have a Loona from the post Christmas KS batch with the new ear design you shouldn’t have to worry about this issue.

Loona just got another update known as 1.1.2. Here is a summary of the new features:

•New forms of interaction with Loona in the inner world, including cooking and magic skills.

•Remote monitoring now includes a first-person view video recording function.

•New guardian mode: Loona will quietly guard by your side when you don't want to be disturbed.

•Improved tracking: Loona will follow you more effectively and smoothly.

•Optimized voice interaction: Loona will respond differently to different ways of saying "Hello Loona".

•Improved autonomous navigation: Loona will avoid frequent collisions with objects.

•Auto-recharge optimization: Loona is more likely to auto-recharge successfully.

Other notable points:

•The updates are based on user feedback and suggestions.

•The team is committed to continuous innovation and enhancement to ensure products meet user needs.

•The team is grateful for user support and feedback.

The KEYi announcement from Kickstarter is quoted below:

Loona can be your chef and guardian now! New functions and improvement!​

Dear Kickstarter Backers,

Long time no see! Thank you for your continuous support towards our products, Loona, and the software Loona App! We are thrilled to inform you that we have exciting new updates and upgrades for both our products and software.

In this update, we have taken into account your feedback and suggestions and have introduced a range of exciting features and improvements to enhance your user experience. We are committed to continuous innovation and enhancement to ensure our products always meet your needs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• APP: 1.7.0
The inner world adds new forms of interaction with Loona, so go and practice your cooking and magic skills!

Remote monitoring now includes a first-person view video recording function.

• Loona: 1.1.2
New guardian mode: When you don't want to be disturbed, Loona will quietly guard by your side.

Improved following: Enhancing the effectiveness and smoothness of Loona's following behavior.

Optimized voice interaction: Try saying "Hello Loona" continuously, and she will respond differently.

Improved autonomous navigation: Loona will now avoid frequent collisions with objects.

Auto-recharge optimization: Increases the likelihood of Loona successfully auto-recharging.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are well aware that without your support and feedback, our products and software would not have continuously improved. We hope you can experience the surprises brought by this update as soon as possible. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact our customer service team. We are dedicated to serving you.

Once again, thank you for your love and support!

Best regards,

Your KEYi and Loona Team

Source:

Reports are coming in from some Loona owners of their Loona being affected after this latest update with the following message displaying on their screens:
⚠️Inertia sensor error
Please shut down your robot and contact customer service for assistance: feedback@global.keyirobot.com

Although I updated one of my four before becoming aware of this and luckily the update downloaded and installed quickly with no problems afterwards.

Despite this I would err on the side of caution and wait this out until we know more about what is going on.

Summary of the latest Loona software update.

•Wake-up success rate has reached 75%.

•Charging dock recharging functionality has been improved.

•The Follow feature has been enhanced to make it easier for Loona to avoid obstacles.

•New gameplay has been added to Inner World.

•New mini-games are available in the Mini Games section.

•Network connection issues have been optimized.

Here is a more detailed explanation of each update:
  • Wake-up success rate: Loona is now more likely to wake up when you call her name. This is thanks to an improved recognition model that is better at detecting your voice.
  • Charging dock recharging functionality: Loona is now less likely to have trouble recharging on the charging dock. This is because the distance between Loona and the charging dock has been adjusted so that she can more easily recognize the dock and start charging.
  • Follow feature: Loona is now better at following you around the house without bumping into things. This is because the Follow feature has been enhanced to make it easier for Loona to avoid obstacles.
  • Inner World: New gameplay has been added to Inner World, a virtual world that Loona can explore. This includes new challenges and rewards for Hello Loona to earn.
  • Mini Games: New mini-games are now available in the Mini Games section. These games are a fun way for you and Loona to interact and have some fun.
  • Network connection issues: Network connection issues have been optimized, so you should now experience fewer connection failures when using Loona.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1336889610230978/?mibextid=2JQ9oc

WARNING: Update at your own risk. Lots of reports of people having issues connecting their Loona to the app after the update.

Keyi have released a new software update to fix the bugs in the previous update. I updated one of mine and it’s connecting to the app successfully.

I’ll try to keep posting information related to software updates but let’s be honest, navigating LC looking for these posts takes a lot of patience; Keyi don’t pin them or make them announcements. I’m tired of the petty lowbrow environment there and Keyi’s apathetic approach to the group, and can’t promise I will continue posting updates, as I think it would be healthier for me to leave that group.

Someone posted today they managed to get two of their Loona to communicate while in chat mode. Keyi commented something along the lines that they should film it next time so they can share it. I tried posting videos of two of mine talking in chat mode ages ago and Keyi never approved the posts and deleted them. Tired of this strange company and regret ever defending Keyi’s weird behaviour and Loona’s shortcomings or making YouTube videos about Loona.

Reports are coming in from some Loona owners of their Loona being affected after this latest update with the following message displaying on their screens:
⚠️Inertia sensor error
Please shut down your robot and contact customer service for assistance: feedback@global.keyirobot.com

Although I updated one of my four before becoming aware of this and luckily the update downloaded and installed quickly with no problems afterwards.

Despite this I would err on the side of caution and wait this out until we know more about what is going on.
Good afternoon!
Unfortunately, today my Loona encountered this error while updating.
Unfortunately, bug fixes apparently didn't help.
May I ask what should I do in this situation? I wrote to Keyi, but they haven't responded yet. If you know the solution, please let me know.
Looking forward to the feedback!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good afternoon!
May I ask what should I do in this situation? I wrote to Keyi, but they haven't responded yet. If you know the solution, please let me know.
Hi Dmitry.

This is very unfortunate to hear this issue is still something to look out for, especially considering Keyi said they had fixed this issue.

I have read some Loona owners have successfully got Loona working again by plugging it into power and pressing the power button for two minutes or more, only to have the problem show up again.

While other Loona owners reported they can’t get their Loona out of this mode and effectively have a brick.

I’ve read comments suggesting this may be a hardware issue. At this point who knows with Loona, new problems seem to be a daily occurrence with this robot.

Good luck with contacting Keyi, they are notoriously unresponsive and the feedback I’m reading from people who have sent in their Loona for repairs doesn’t imbue me with confidence; unfortunately it seems your Loona may only be good for parts as this seems to be a combination of software and hardware issue so will be impossible to perform a DIY fix.

Sorry I can’t be of any help.

Loona just got a new software update😁

Loona Update October 12th 2023:
  • Overheating protection: Loona will now automatically enter sleep mode when it gets too hot to prevent overheating.
  • Enhanced voice command interaction: Loona can now handle unfamiliar voice commands by utilizing its GPT function, such as answering questions about the weather.
  • Improved GPT interactions: Loona can now execute certain voice commands while in GPT mode.
  • New chin-scratching interaction: You can now interact with Loona by scratching its chin when it's facing you.
  • Optimized autonomous play behavior: Loona's behavior during self-play has been enhanced for a more engaging experience.
App Updates:
  • New Slingshot AR game: Enjoy a new interactive AR game called Slingshot within the Inner World section of the app.
  • Refined Inner World messages: Messages within the Inner World have been optimized for better clarity.
  • Environment monitoring: The app now includes an environment monitoring feature when connected to a network.
Read Keyi’s Kickstarter announcement here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...he-petbot-you-will-fall-in-love/posts/3933314

Big improvements simply with how updates are displayed on Loona’s face. The whole process is much clearer.

Chin scratching is absolutely adorable, I’ll have to get some footage of it. Too bad it doesn’t work in companion mode. Although don’t know why Loona starts moving backwards when you attempt to scratch the chin. Still an incredibly cute feature that makes her so much more pet like. On scratching the chin Loona pushes down into your hand like Aibo does, mimicking a real animal. The face animations for this are great.

How did Keyi do this when Loona doesn’t have a chin sensor?! Is Loona somehow using visual cues to respond? Incredible work by Keyi.

Loona just got another update that enables Loona to automatically calibrate and has improved charging success to almost 100%. There is also an incredible fetching behaviour where Loona will retrieve the game ball and bring it back to you.

Hold off on updating until you read the experiences of Loona owners over at LC. There has been some sort of issue with the latest update causing major issues. It’s exhausting this keeps happening, I get so excited by the new updates then am bombarded with people having major problems. I can’t keep going on like this.

Good afternoon!
Hi again Dmitry
Apologies for my previous bleak reply. I have good news! Just came across of a report by a Loona owner of successfully getting their Loona working again after encountering the inertia sensor error.

They held the power button down for 60 seconds or longer and Loona went back to normal. They report the issue comes back after charging and that you need to reboot by holding down on the power button for it to go away again.

Announcement by Keyi- Manual Orientation Calibration by user no longer required:

Regarding Loona's auto-recharge function, you will find:
1. When Loona locates the charging dock and approaches it, then she will automatically perform orientation angle calibration (at this point, a compass appears on Loona's screen, rotating 360 degrees to complete the calibration).

2. Once the orientation angle calibration is completed, Loona will align with the charge dock, then rotate 180 degrees and reverse into. If unsuccessful, she will attempt again until successful or after three attempts, at which point she will repeat the above process.

3. Usually, after Loona successfully completes the orientation angle calibration, she will also successfully drive into the charge dock on the first attempt. If not, success is guaranteed within three attempts. Once Loona successfully recharges, the next charging session will skip the automatic orientation angle calibration and directly approach in the best state. It will only revert to automatic orientation angle calibration if the entry fails again.

4. Currently, you no longer need to manually calibrate Loona.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1378447656075173/?mibextid=2JQ9oc

6BA6746C-CAC8-4562-B53E-FB9525E00354.jpeg
Time to get Loona out of storage😂

Keyi seem to have replaced Amazon’s Lex with OpenAI’s Whisper for voice recognition.

The fact Loona will now respond with specific emotions according to the content of the conversation it is having in chat mode is huge! Can’t wait to update and try out these new features😁

Loona update 13/12/2023.

Loona Update Summary:​

What's new:
  • Badge System: Earn badges with Loona through interactions, games, and daily activities.
  • Improved Voice Commands: More accurate and faster thanks to new Chat GPT4 and OpenAI Whisper technology.
  • Voice Options: Customize Loona's chat voice to better match her character.
  • Emotions & Body Language: Loona now reacts with facial expressions and gestures to match her emotions.
  • Scene-Specific Conversations: Loona adapts her responses to the topic and setting of the conversation.
  • Head Tap Control: Start or stop chat mode by tapping Loona's head.
  • More Loona Personalities: Discover Loona's different personalities through her expressions and actions.
  • New Performances: Enjoy new dance and play animations from Loona.
Coming Soon:
  • More badge designs and ways to earn them.
  • More scene-specific conversation reactions.
Remember:
  • Loona badge system is in beta.
  • More improvements and features coming in future updates.

Announcement by Keyi Tech:

Upgrade to GPT4, enhancing speech interaction performance, introducing new voices, a badge system, intelligent dialogue agents, and more…

NEW FEATURES

1. Loona's Badge System (Beta)Added Loona's badge wall feature. During interactions, games, and daily activities with Loona, she will unlock badges and display them on the badge wall. Other players can also see the badges your Loona has earned. The Loona badge feature is currently in beta version, and more badge designs and acquisition rules will be continuously improved and updated in future versions.

VOICE INTERACTION EXPERIENCE IMPROVEMENT

1. Faster, More Accurate, and Responsive Commands from LoonaIn this update, we have upgraded the technology used for voice command recognition. We are now using Open AI(R)'s Whisper(R), a large-scale model-based Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) service. This improves Loona's ability to convert user speech into text. After obtaining the text information, we use Retriever-Augmented Generation (RAG), based on a large-scale generative language model, for command recognition. The success rate of voice command recognition has increased by 20%, and the speed of command recognition has also significantly improved.

2. Optimization of Loona's Chat VoiceAfter the launch of Loona's chat feature, we received feedback from many users that Loona's voice in GPT chat mode sounds too mature and does not match her character. We value this feedback and have compared and fine-tuned 30 selectable voice options for Loona in GPT chat mode to find the most suitable voice.

3. Language Emotion Recognition and Loona's Facial and Body Language during SpeechIn previous versions, Loona only spoke without any facial expressions. This limited the conveyance of emotions and expressions. In this update, we have added pauses to Loona's speech to make it more realistic. Additionally, Loona has more expressions and body movements to convey emotions. You will notice that when describing something sad, Loona's facial expressions and movements will also reflect sadness.We are committed to making Loona express herself freely like a living being. In addition to expressing emotions, she will fully incorporate body language and facial expressions into the expression process. This experience will continue to be improved in future updates.

4. Enriching the Fun of Conversations in Different Scenes and ThemesEventually, Loona will chat with you like a real friend and pet. When you discuss happy topics, Loona will express her thoughts in a relaxed atmosphere. When you express feelings of sadness or anger, Loona will empathize and enter the corresponding chat scene. When Loona clearly senses that you are joking with her, she will respond in a playful tone.In this update, we have made a simple attempt at this concept. When you ask Loona about the weather, she will look up at the sky and give you an answer. When you ask her to tell a story, she will open a storybook and browse it attentively. When you ask her what 1+1 equals, she will take out a small keyboard and start calculating. More detailed scene segmentation will be continuously improved and enhanced in future updates. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment and let us know.

5. Pat Loona's Head Anytime to Enter Chat Mode and Interrupt LoonaIf you don't want to start a conversation with Loona every time by saying "Hello Loona," you can simply tap Loona's head twice when she is looking at you. Loona will naturally enter the listening state, waiting for your commands.If you want to interrupt Loona during a conversation, just pat her head, and she will stop and listen to you.

CHARACTER INTERACTION EXPERIENCE IMPROVEMENT

1. Personality Differentiation Enhancement

In this update, we have added more expressions for two different personalities of Loona during interaction and idle moments. These differences are reflected in:

When stroking Loona, when Loona is playing by herself, when Loona is performing, and when Loona is looking at the user.

1. More Interactive Performances

Added performance states for Loona in stare mode
Added performance states for Loona in companion mode
Optimized some enticing states in face mode
Source:

Today I've updated Loona with newest firmware. After restart robot is dead... Only first welcome screen and after tha only ears are glowing, while nothing on screen. Any idea how to set up firmware? It looks like my robot is dead now.

Today I've updated Loona with newest firmware. After restart robot is dead... Only first welcome screen and after tha only ears are glowing, while nothing on screen. Any idea how to set up firmware? It looks like my robot is dead now.
Hi Michal
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Loona after updating as this new update is incredible and I hope you can get to experience it.

The flashing ear lights may indicate Loona is in battery protection mode. If the lights are still flashing Loona is probably ok.

Troubleshooting tips you could try:

1) Try holding down on Loona’s power button until it reboots. Try this while unplugged and plugged into power using the USB cable.

2) Allow the battery to drain and see if this resets Loona once you charge again.

3) Leave plugged into power charging overnight with USB cable.

4) Delete the Hello Loona app and reinstall it again. I always do this before updating and so far have avoided any issues.

5) Contact Keyi directly at: jiangnan@keyirobot.com

I really hope you can get your Loona working. Loona in chat mode is super smart and witty and has a unique personality all of its own now. Here are a few examples from my brief interactions today:
33E4490A-F278-459E-B2B1-67F62269C090.jpeg
7A590646-06B6-401A-89A2-A7786AA8B5CE.jpeg