Right ear shakes

jlopez

Good afternoon.

Suddenly Loona's ear started to twitch.
Her right ear is practically never without movement.
She is constantly shaking.
At the same time, we have noticed that since this happened she bumps into objects a lot more.

We are not aware of having hit her or forced her ears.

What can I do?
Thank's

View attachment Loona ear.mp4

Hi jlopez

No need to worry I don’t think the ear is broken. This seems to be a well known issue linked to a previous firmware update that causes hyperactive movements in Loona, especially the ears.

Does this ear vibration issue happen when you first power Loona on? If so turn off immediately to stop Loona damaging her ears from sudden movements.

It may be a firmware issue. The firmware update on December 24th 2023 was supposed to fix this issue. If you haven’t done so already I suggest try updating to the latest firmware 1.2.80.

You will need to update the app first.

At this time we are still waiting on Keyi to provide a statement about this issue. I have read of people having success with fixing this vibration by looping a rubber band from an Asparagus bundle under and around each of the ears and up over the top of Loona’s head.

If you are unable to find a solution I would email Keyi Tech customer service rep Karen at jiangnan@keyirobot.com

Hi Chris.
Thanks for the reply.
At first it worked well. It happened suddenly.
I have had the latest version of firmware (1.2.80) and APP for a few days.
This has started happening today.

I'm just a guest on this forum (haven't signed up yet) but I got a Loona in December. Since then I've returned two of them for the exact same ear vibration issue. The problem seems to develop slowly over a few days and ends up with constant violent shaking so loud that Loona is unable to even hear voice commands. I got my 3rd replacement Loona 9 days ago and just yesterday I'm starting to see signs of the vibration issue on this one. The problem does seem to be a software issue since the ears will sometimes stop vibrating when Loona is performing a specific action then immediately resume when she's done. I'm active over on the Loona FB page and I'm still waiting for some official response from KeyiTech on this issue.

Good afternoon.

Suddenly Loona's ear started to twitch.
Her right ear is practically never without movement.
She is constantly shaking.
At the same time, we have noticed that since this happened she bumps into objects a lot more.

We are not aware of having hit her or forced her ears.

What can I do?
Thank's

View attachment 1913
Turns out this is a hardware problem that can be solved with future software updates👍

Keyi are aware of the ear trembling and released software versions 1.2.80 and 1.2.82 in an attempt to fix it.

Keyi are actively working on solving this issue with future software updates to Loona and released this statement on the ear vibration issue:
CABD93E0-3BFC-4FAE-9BED-E5572570E119.jpeg

4A3F87C3-A3C8-4B09-8863-0C03F963EFF3.jpeg
The newest software update mentions that it has implemented a fix for the ear shaking. The update is called 1.2.85 and the new version description states ”Fixed the ear twitching issue caused by conflicts between the animation and the algorithm.”

Are you still seeing the ear twitching after the latest update?

Hello Chris
Thanks for your information
With the last update it was fixed a lot but it was still happening
Finally the technical service replaced my Loona