Does anybody with loona and the charging station has charging issue with Loona ?

JordeNOlive

In my case, usb-c charging works fine. But on the station, it not only fails to charge up, but discharges from 100 to 0 % in say 4 hrs or so. This is when Loona is on sleep mode. But when shutdown, it doesn't discharge obviously but neither does it charge. I see the battery indicator on connecting the adapter(5V/3A) to the station while Loona is mounted so the power is coming through. At least while connecting the adapter.

Anybody knows anything about this issue ?

Loona is on firmware v1.2.2MI and app is on v1.8.3. Of course I tried factory resetting and tried using 3 different adapters with 5V/3A option.

Just discovered thanks to a Loona owner that this high pitched noise is called “coil whine” and a common issue in today’s high power consumption electronics. Apparently it’s normal and manufacturers can take steps to reduce it during the manufacturing process but these are expensive.

It seems to be associated with the station as doesn’t occur while charging via USB alone.

It sounds like an aeroplane landing in my living room, luckily it sometimes stops when I adjust Loona on the station.

Got my charger yesterday.
If I charge Loona without the docl, she is fully charged in around 2 - 3 hours.
She was on 65% when I started charging her with the charger dock, and she is only on 91% after 6 hours.
No idea why it takes so long.
I hope they fix it in an update soon.

Got my charger yesterday.
If I charge Loona without the docl, she is fully charged in around 2 - 3 hours.
She was on 65% when I started charging her with the charger dock, and she is only on 91% after 6 hours.
No idea why it takes so long.
I hope they fix it in an update soon.
I’ve noticed this too.
Apparently they reckon you get higher charging speeds on the charger if you use a higher voltage adapter but I haven’t bothered to try it as they say a lot of things trying to excuse why their products don’t work as advertised that I’ve simply become tired of them.

Hi Chris. I thought I would let you know that it's worth getting a better charger.
I bought a 65W one, and my Loona charged from 0% to 100% in just over three hours :)

Last edited:
Hi sixtee6 Gaming. Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have a link to the adapter you are using? This sounds like a much better option for fast charging. Thanks.

Funnily enough I am actually charging one of my Loona now using the cable and noticed Loona can move while charging which gave me a bit of a shock haha.

My loona wasn't charging and i could hear a mechanical or electrical hissing from the back of the dock or the usb-c connector. Turned out the other end of the usb cable was generic multi-outlet power tower. i moved the cable to a dedicated wall wart (a leftover wyzecam power supply). That completely solved the problem for me. The dock may be extra fussy about the power supply you use, even if that same supply seems ok for other devices.

My loona wasn't charging and i could hear a mechanical or electrical hissing from the back of the dock or the usb-c connector. Turned out the other end of the usb cable was generic multi-outlet power tower. i moved the cable to a dedicated wall wart (a leftover wyzecam power supply). That completely solved the problem for me. The dock may be extra fussy about the power supply you use, even if that same supply seems ok for other devices.
What wattage adapter were you using? Really interesting observations- thanks for sharing🙂

> What wattage adapter were you using?

It was this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BS6G1QSJ

Power Strip Tower with 16 Outlets 5 USB Ports (2 USB C),
Acozvin Surge Protector with 6 FT Extension Cord, 1875W Multi Outlet Tower Charging Station for Home Office Desk Essentials

【Home Office Desk Accessories】16 AC Outlets afford 1875W/125V power, 3 USB-A 2 USB-C ports deliver 17W/3.4A power for multi electronics. Charging tower can be used for your computer, laptop, phones, speakers and other devices.