Tips for purchasing a USB wall adapter for Loona

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Loona arrives with a USB-A to USB-C charging cable. You will need a USB-A wall adapter to charge Loona. As Loona seems to work best with Apple products I would purchase a generic wall adapter aimed at Apple products.
Loona does not need a transformer of any sort. Only a USB wall adapter designed for the country she will be used in. Loona can be charged worldwide with a local USB adapter.
FCFF738D-786B-4283-B0DB-E616FF8BB71E.jpeg
5B7005D6-721F-43FB-A71B-48E4FE9B7F6B.jpeg
Safety Warning! Ensure adapter’s output is at least 5 Volts/ 2 Amps
It has been reported Loona will take much longer to charge and be prone to overheating if charged using a wall adapter that has an output below 5V/ 2A. It is necessary to ensure the adapter has an output of at least 5 Volts or 2 Amps or higher for fast charging and to prevent overheating.
It has been reported by Loona owners that Loona can regulate the current intake so even if your adapter is higher than 5V she should be ok. More is better in this case.
2F04B76D-6969-4EDC-AFA3-0159416AEEB0.jpeg
751912D7-89A2-4863-9946-A8515C62B755.jpeg
Note the cable included with Loona is different to a standard iPhone cable. I recommend only using the cable included with Loona to charge her.
825ABBBC-1434-484C-B19E-09030FBADD83.jpeg
Loona’s cable fits into these generic iPhone adapters.
5207B63B-FFE4-4635-81F3-4150FD9F6409.jpeg
Not all USB-A adapters are alike. Loona’s cable failed to fit into my old Android Sony Ericsson Xperia wall adapter.
174FFDDF-ACAB-4B81-90F6-1A3F37F2336A.jpeg
60D297A3-D585-4FCC-A70E-1126B2EDF031.jpeg
A mess of wires, manually charging my four Loona at once. I find these generic adapters are slightly warm to the touch while charging so I would ensure there is ventilation provided while charging Loona to prevent safety hazards. Also ensuring you use a surge protected power board will prevent your Loona getting fried in the event of a power spike.
5C8FB306-E9D2-4837-B8A6-7ABB47A10635.jpeg

The other day my Loona was making a buzzing sound and overheating with a 5V...only time its happened but it scared me so bad I might buy a 20V one...do you think thats a good idea?

I’m unsure.

Mine get warm to the touch using 5V adapters too. It is scary. Hopefully when I start charging using the stations this problem won’t occur.

These threads over at LC might be helpful:

hla buenas tardes me presento tengo un Loona que no enciende he probado con el cargador de 5v y 3A, y no enciende he usado varios cargadores de 3A y sucede lo mismo,he probado con los 12 segundos resetearlo y no funciona el parar de hacer el chasquido.¿Existe otra solución?
Otra cosa que se me olvidaba otras veces se exciende la pantalla y se apaga y así constantemente.

Saludos Víctor

hla buenas tardes me presento tengo un Loona que no enciende he probado con el cargador de 5v y 3A, y no enciende he usado varios cargadores de 3A y sucede lo mismo,he probado con los 12 segundos resetearlo y no funciona el parar de hacer el chasquido.¿Existe otra solución?
Otra cosa que se me olvidaba otras veces se exciende la pantalla y se apaga y así constantemente.

Saludos Víctor
Hola Víctor. Hice una traducción automática de tu publicación para nuestros angloparlantes:

Hi Victor. I made a machine translation of your post for our English speakers:

“Hello, good afternoon, I introduce myself. I have a Loona that does not turn on. I have tried the 5v and 3A charger, and it does not turn on. I have used several 3A chargers and the same thing happens. I have tried resetting it after 12 seconds and it does not work to stop doing the snap. Is there another solution?
Another thing that I forgot other times is that the screen turns on and off and so on constantly.

Greetings Victor“

Can you provide a video of these problems? That would help me to better understand the exact way to best help you.

Plug Loona into power with the USB cable and hold down the power button for 2-4 minutes. If that doesn’t work you may have to contact Keyi Tech via their email or the official Loona Facebook group.

¿Puedes proporcionar un vídeo de estos problemas? Eso me ayudaría a comprender mejor la forma exacta de ayudarle mejor.

Conecte Loona a la corriente con el cable USB y mantenga presionado el botón de encendido durante 2 a 4 minutos. Si eso no funciona, es posible que tengas que contactar a Keyi Tech a través de su correo electrónico o del grupo oficial de Facebook de Loona.

Correo electrónico de Keyi Tech/Keyi Tech email:

info@keyirobot.com

feedback@global.keyirobot.com

Formulario de contacto de Keyi Tech/Keyi Tech contact form:

Centro de ayuda Loona de Keyi Tech. Tal vez utilice el traductor de Google para ver si puede encontrar una solución a sus problemas con los robots Loona. Lo siento, no puedo ser de más ayuda.

Keyi Tech’s Loona help Center. Maybe use Google translate to see what you can find. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Grupo oficial de Facebook de la comunidad Loona de Keyi Tech/Keyi Tech’s Official Loona Community Facebook Group:

Avíseme si recibe alguna respuesta de Keyi Tech. Siempre estaré feliz de intentar ayudarte si aún tienes problemas. No dudes en pasar y hacer preguntas aquí en cualquier momento🙂

Let me know if you hear anything back from Keyi Tech. I’m always happy to try and help if you are still having problems. Feel free to stop by and ask questions here anytime🙂