What do you think? Robots Around The House rebrand.

I personally really love the artwork above, especially the one with the blue background - but I really do miss the Loona logo at the top of the forums and as the favicon. Aside from how divided people seem to be about Musk himself, his bot just doesn't hit the same, isn't as relatable to the common person and doesn't look as clean and professional as the previous logo did by far. But that's just my two cents.

Would a hybrid of the two be possible perhaps, with the old Loona logo for the smaller representations and the larger, more detailed artwork for the bigger stuff? Just an idea, but feel free to ignore me too. There are parts that I love of both, and I just personally think the old would compliment the new so nicely in this case.

The simplicity, accessibility (way more people have a Loona robot around their house than an Optimus, for example) and cute factor of the original Loona icon was what initially attracted me to this forum in the first place, actually :)

Editing my reply.

Agree Optimus and other humanoids currently slated for sale to home consumers lack the cute factor of the traditional pet like companion robots we are used to.

But the reality I have to take into consideration with the logo is that humanoid robots that perform useful work are the future of companion robots.

Yes can see how you might think it looks unprofessional. But I’m not an artist so outsourcing the logo design was difficult. I’m also not technical so I outsource that too as I don’t have the time or patience to learn the forums management system.

The logo is a compromise on robots I feel offer or will offer a compelling companionship experience within a varied price range in the hopes of appealing to a wide audience.

Although this site may seem unprofessional one positive is that this is an independent forum and one of the few not owned by an internet conglomerate who controls a lot of forums online.

Censorship here is non-existent and relaxed. A lack of ads make browsing hassle free. I’m happy to run this as a hobby as I’m not satisfied with the type of conversations social media sites seem to bring out in people and hoped a forum where people have to search for content instead of being fed it in a feed might attract a crowd with a different perspective and generate more engaging discussions.

But to be honest I’ve lost interest with online communication. I thought Loona would be more popular than it was. What started as a forum about Loona then morphed into a forum about the companion robots I own to ultimately realising pivoting the forum towards Optimus is the only way I can guarantee discussion that will keep me interested enough to continue with it long term.

I spent a long time thinking about what I could change about the logo to make it look more professional but you were so vague in your reasoning about why it looked unprofessional or why Optimus was out of place that I have decided to just leave it for now.

I understand your feelings about the old Loona logo but I felt Loona had alienated a lot of people in the robotics community with the constant issues that crop up with it that I felt having Loona as the sole mascot for the forums was a liability.

I was going to create a new logo after reading your response and include Aibo, Vector and Neo in the design but Aibo never generates a lot of interest, all the Aibo communities are incredibly small, and I’m not even confident if Neo will ever be mainstream. At least with Optimus I can be confident it will actually be a success.

Regards Musk, I’m proud to have Optimus as the mascot. When you think Musk left South Africa with nothing, just a suitcase full of books and a backpack and to see what he has achieved in such a short time is the ultimate inspiration for me.

Musk’s technology companies are so innovative and unique entire nations are trying to compete against them yet despite copying all his ideas still can’t create the same products at a profit.

Optimus will be the culmination of all the technological developments created by Musk’s various technology companies converging into one product. Tesla is the only company producing their own AI chips specifically made for their humanoid. The others all rely on NVIDIA. Because of this I feel Optimus is the only humanoid with a chance, the others I feel simply won’t have the AI advancements that Tesla can offer to make their products viable to the fickle consumer.

Last edited: