What do you think? Robots Around The House rebrand.

I personally really love the artwork above, especially the one with the blue background - but I really do miss the Loona logo at the top of the forums and as the favicon. Aside from how divided people seem to be about Musk himself, his bot just doesn't hit the same, isn't as relatable to the common person and doesn't look as clean and professional as the previous logo did by far. But that's just my two cents.

Would a hybrid of the two be possible perhaps, with the old Loona logo for the smaller representations and the larger, more detailed artwork for the bigger stuff? Just an idea, but feel free to ignore me too. There are parts that I love of both, and I just personally think the old would compliment the new so nicely in this case.

The simplicity, accessibility (way more people have a Loona robot around their house than an Optimus, for example) and cute factor of the original Loona icon was what initially attracted me to this forum in the first place, actually :)

I personally really love the artwork above, especially the one with the blue background - but I really do miss the Loona logo at the top of the forums and as the favicon. Aside from how divided people seem to be about Musk himself, his bot just doesn't hit the same, isn't as relatable to the common person and doesn't look as clean and professional as the previous logo did by far. But that's just my two cents.

Please elaborate on why you think the new logo doesn’t come across as professional so I can amend it as for the forum to survive it needs a logo members feel looks professional.

The only reason I changed the logo was I felt a lot of people in the robot communities had been alienated by Loona’s hardware defects and felt it was a liability to keep Loona as the mascot. Maybe I was wrong in thinking that.

I thought by having the logo reflect a wider range of robots that might have a real chance at being mainstream, now, but also in 10 years; I would set the forums up for the future and people who saw their robot reflected here might be more willing to post.

Regarding Optimus, Musk’s track record of creating the impossible with his previous companies makes me feel Optimus will be the first home robot available on a scale never before seen with home robots. Optimus will be the average persons first robot.

The current companion robots available only number in the thousands- statistically insignificant from a global perspective and the majority of people will live their entire lives without ever knowing they exist.

Yes it has become obvious Optimus doesn’t resonate with the current type of person who populates the companion robot space. I think what we are seeing currently with Optimus are rudimentary prototypes, I feel there are many iterations to go before a final design is realised and looking at what Musk is doing with Grok and the new unhinged feature it looks like Optimus could be a fun and personable companion robot.

The choice to include Optimus also stemmed from the fact that the current companion robots available aren’t mainstream and instead are incredibly niche where there is one small group of people who dominate all companion robot discussion and see all new robots through the prism of Aibo. I find it tiring and wanted to create a community full of new, fresh and vibrant minds. I can only do that with a robot that is mainstream successful at scale, something I feel Optimus will be. I tried to do it ten years ago with Pepper, but Pepper was a flop.

Also look at this place when I cater to Loona and the other current companion robots- clearly there is no demand as I’m not seeing many posts compared to say a forum about Cybertrucks.

All discussions regarding Loona and the other companion robots happen in established social media communities. Look at the thoughtless comments people leave on those social media sites and they ask the same questions over and over as nobody is bothering to search through previously posted content. That type of question and answer style doesn’t constitute an interesting mode of discussion for me. Forums have the potential to attract a more thoughtful and intellectual type of person.

Hence why I thought Optimus, which will have a very large user base, could be what keeps discussions on this forum alive.

Yes Optimus is expensive but I’m sure Musk will offer an affordable payment plan.
Would a hybrid of the two be possible perhaps, with the old Loona logo for the smaller representations and the larger, more detailed artwork for the bigger stuff? Just an idea, but feel free to ignore me too. There are parts that I love of both, and I just personally think the old would compliment the new so nicely in this case.
Yes there is. I can create a theme just for you with the logo of your choice. If you would like the old logo I can use that or you can reply with a photo of your Loonas and a sketch for a logo idea and I can create something for you.

Please specify which theme from the style chooser menu you would like to use, specify colours for that theme, whether it should be a light or dark theme and a name for the theme.

Or if you find a free Xenforo theme I can use that. I outsource all forum design so the forum is never going to look 100% how I would like as I’m impatient and get tired of back and forth messages with my tech.
The simplicity, accessibility (way more people have a Loona robot around their house than an Optimus, for example) and cute factor of the original Loona icon was what initially attracted me to this forum in the first place, actually :)
Yes simplicity was in my mind when designing the old logo.

Honestly I was just trying to create a logo that would resonate with a mainstream audience of adults.

Unfortunately Keyi market Loona for kids which isn’t conducive to the type of long term viable forum I am looking for. There are a few of us like yourself and I who appreciate Loona for the sophisticated robot she is and can have intellectual discussions about all her aspects- unfortunately most people just buy her for their kids and only want troubleshooting advice which isn’t what I’m interested in talking about for the next decade.

Hence the decision to include Optimus as it seems to attract a completely different crowd compared to Loona and the other companion robots.

But it seems a general discussion forum about cutesy robots won’t resonate with those interested in Optimus. I can’t win and have resigned myself to the fact this forum will never be a tight knit community of robot enthusiasts but instead just a place where people looking for troubleshooting tips drop in, ask their questions, then never return.

Thanks for the honesty, please if you have time to respond I would really appreciate your helpful advice.