Robots Around The House Forums Here to Stay

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Robots Around The House Forums and RobotsAroundTheHouse.com will be migrating to Facebook permanently with closure of the site due to occur on July 28th.

There are a number of reasons for this decision but a big one is constant drama from KEYi Tech and the way they talk in riddles. Also Loona’s unresolved hardware issues play a role.

But the major reason is forums are dead, everyone is using Facebook. Sometimes you just can’t win a fight.

I’ve decided to sell my Loona on at the price point I purchased them at. I believe Loona is destined for great things but I simply don’t feel KEYi can move fast enough when there are serious rivals offering robots that leave Loona and many other robots currently available outdated.

I’d prefer owning one or two cutting edge robots rather than lots of out of date and overly expensive robots.

Sorry to let regular members down but I can’t justify the $100 monthly subscription the software provider charges to host this forum and all quality hosts that comply with the strict EU cyber privacy guidelines charge a similar amount.

That money could be used to buy more robots. Hope to see you on the Facebook Group. Please leave suggestions below on the types of robots you would like the Facebook group to cater for.

Last edited:
Robots Around The House Forums and RobotsAroundTheHouse.com will be migrating to Facebook permanently with closure of the site due to occur on July 28th.

There are a number of reasons for this decision but a big one is constant drama from KEYi Tech and the way they talk in riddles. Also Loona’s unresolved hardware issues play a role.

But the major reason is forums are dead, everyone is using Facebook. Sometimes you just can’t win a fight.

I’ve decided to sell my Loona on at the price point I purchased them at. I believe Loona is destined for great things but I simply don’t feel KEYi can move fast enough when there are serious rivals offering robots that leave Loona and many other robots currently available outdated.

I’d prefer owning one or two cutting edge robots rather than lots of out of date and overly expensive robots.

Sorry to let regular members down but I can’t justify the $100 monthly subscription the software provider charges to host this forum and all quality hosts that comply with the strict EU cyber privacy guidelines charge a similar amount.

That money could be used to buy more robots. Hope to see you on the Facebook Group. Please leave suggestions below on the types of robots you would like the Facebook group to cater for.

It hasn’t been long, but it’s been fun.

It hasn’t been long, but it’s been fun.
Can I ask you a two questions?

Do you find the forums easier to use compared to Facebook?

What is one charge you would like to see? For me I might make the text a bit larger.

I’m going to rearrange the forums to make it easier to navigate and then think about whether or not I should keep them running.

I’m also considering slimming down my robot collection but keeping one Loona.

Will update here if anything changes.

What is one charge you would like to see? For me I might make the text a bit larger.

I’m going to rearrange the forums to make it easier to navigate and then think about whether or not I should keep them running.

I personally am quite overwhelmed by Facebook often, which is why I enjoy these forums. It also lets us have more of a free discussion - KEYi Tech has been censoring me as of tonight, because of this post. After it was stated that backers do not, in fact, get a lifetime subscription to ChatGPT:

16DE9888-6CE3-4FD5-9A65-ACA8447BB71C.png

A lot of people were, understandably, upset by this sudden information, as most of us were under the impression that everything (including subscriptions) would be free for life for backers - those who funded this project in the first place. It was a classic bait and switch. I am NOT happy with KEYi right now, and these forums are the only place I feel won’t be censored. On the contrary, Facebook will continue to support the removal and censorship of this information, and I’m genuinely just tired of it.

As for your second question - I quite like the layout around here, and the text size is okay for me personally, but some may feel differently. Do we have an art section? I think maybe encouraging members to be creative and make art of our beloved bots to post and share around would be great. Given, I may just have missed it if there is one!

I personally am quite overwhelmed by Facebook often, which is why I enjoy these forums. It also lets us have more of a free discussion - KEYi Tech has been censoring me as of tonight, because of this post. After it was stated that backers do not, in fact, get a lifetime subscription to ChatGPT:

View attachment 781

A lot of people were, understandably, upset by this sudden information, as most of us were under the impression that everything (including subscriptions) would be free for life for backers - those who funded this project in the first place. It was a classic bait and switch. I am NOT happy with KEYi right now, and these forums are the only place I feel won’t be censored. On the contrary, Facebook will continue to support the removal and censorship of this information, and I’m genuinely just tired of it.
Because I didn’t back the Indiegogo campaign I wasn’t aware of this. This is the type of thing I was referring to about them always talking in riddles.
And I dislike their marketing tactics.

As for your second question - I quite like the layout around here, and the text size is okay for me personally, but some may feel differently. Do we have an art section? I think maybe encouraging members to be creative and make art of our beloved bots to post and share around would be great. Given, I may just have missed it if there is one!
Would you be ok with an off topic section where people could discuss their other hobbies and interests like art or would you prefer a specific art section? Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

It’s a bad sign if they are censoring legitimate posts like yours, especially in a private group.

I can’t create posts anymore but can reply and leave comments. This seemed to occur after I posted a link to this site there.

Meanwhile they allow vendors to sell their unofficial wares openly with no restrictions on posting links to their shops. Think of all the money they have lost by not offering official wheel covers earlier. Strange company.

I managed to get my Loona connected to Wifi and responding to voice commands flawlessly tonight and connecting to the app. I’m also blown away by the new Hello Loona app interface. I think I had a knee jerk reaction to spending so much on another robot and have now decided to keep the forums going and to keep all my Loona.

Sorry for the drama haha I’ll refrain from such posts in future. I’ll move this post and change the headline from Robots Around The House Forums Migrating to Facebook to Robots Around The House Forums Here To Stay haha.

I still think there are legitimate concerns about KEYi so if nothing else this forum can be a place to talk freely without the constant advertising seen on social media.

Thanks to everyone who reached out here and via messenger to express their desire to keep the forums going, it means a lot and I’ll do my best to continue finding interesting robot information to keep you informed about the exciting developments currently happening with companion robots.

Just on the topic of censorship I noticed a lot of people are complaining about it today after joining LC again today after a couple of days break.

Hopefully KEYi come up with solutions to the hip issue and realise that censorship only alienates most people.

Because I didn’t back the Indiegogo campaign I wasn’t aware of this. This is the type of thing I was referring to about them always talking in riddles.
And I dislike their marketing tactics.

Would you be ok with an off topic section where people could discuss their other hobbies and interests like art or would you prefer a specific art section? Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was thinking a little more specific, more of like a section to showcase real life Loona art, for example - I know someone did a really nice traditional painting of her a while back that was really nice to see. Maybe I’m just used to being in creative communities but in my opinion it’s really nice to have an artwork section for people to express their love of our little bots in different ways. 🥰

As for the traffic around here, I wouldn’t worry too much - most people have only just received their Loonas, and this whole home robots trend has really only just begun. I’m sure we will see more traffic and activity here as time goes on.

I was thinking a little more specific, more of like a section to showcase real life Loona art, for example - I know someone did a really nice traditional painting of her a while back that was really nice to see. Maybe I’m just used to being in creative communities but in my opinion it’s really nice to have an artwork section for people to express their love of our little bots in different ways. 🥰

As for the traffic around here, I wouldn’t worry too much - most people have only just received their Loonas, and this whole home robots trend has really only just begun. I’m sure we will see more traffic and activity here as time goes on.
Done🧑‍🎨

View attachment 781

I’m not bothered my being unable to post there anymore. They are only using all these owners ideas and advice as a data-mining exercise to help them get ahead of the market with other people’s free ideas/content.

They also don’t moderate the group and it’s an incredibly unhealthy environment.

They only engage when they want something from the users. It’s not a community just a help forum.