Setting up Loona for the first time

Chris

Admin
Staff member
When setting up Loona for the first time these are the basic steps to follow:

1. Power Loona on. A QR code will display on her screen.

2. Download the Hello Loona app.

3. Create an account using an email address and unique password. A verification code will be sent to the associated email address, which you then enter into the app.

4. Set up Wifi for Loona and enter your Wifi password.

5. At this point you may get the error shown below. Loona will automatically update once connected to Wifi. I find Loona updates despite this message.

You may need to log out/ log back in to get the Wifi to work or do a Wifi reset by pressing the power button for 7 seconds( you should get a count down timer).

The update alone takes a good 10 minutes. The robot will display a lot of different things on its screen during the update, from the Loona logo to a percentage indicator. I would advise setting aside at least 45 minutes for the initial set up, as it can be quite an involved process if you have issues with Wifi connectivity.

I used a Vodafone pocket Wifi that I also allowed my phone to access.

3205E9F7-6D5F-4557-8AFC-3E22F2D72C79.jpg

Hi Brian thanks for reaching out and I’ll do my best to help.
Did you purchase your Loona new or second hand? If second hand it may have an existing account in the app you may need the details for to log into the app and get Loona working.

If you are not receiving a verification code via email try checking your spam and junk folders. If that fails wait 24 hours to see if the code turns up.

Failing that I have read some people had success creating a gmail account specifically for Loona and trying the set up process again with the new email address.

This company has a horrible support system. They lost my order for over 6 weeks...and I've sent over 15 requests for help.

I'm very close to sending back to them and disputing with my CC company; the 24 hours service policy is a breach and the complete lack of support over and over; I am a Professor of Innovation and Tech, manage VC funding, and help set up new tech companies for a living and this one needs to learn about the customer experience and service deliver or it will be gone in 2 years or less. The tech support and website is very much in need of updating links as well.

I was so excited to purchase this; I have played with BD robots but didn't want to pay thousands for a beta test.

There is no way I've found to get around this verification bug; unless they sold me a used product, there should be no reason why I can't access it.

Please get your act together...you are turning an early adopter into a loud dissenter. They have until Thursday.

This company has a horrible support system. They lost my order for over 6 weeks...and I've sent over 15 requests for help.

I'm very close to sending back to them and disputing with my CC company; the 24 hours service policy is a breach and the complete lack of support over and over; I am a Professor of Innovation and Tech, manage VC funding, and help set up new tech companies for a living and this one needs to learn about the customer experience and service deliver or it will be gone in 2 years or less. The tech support and website is very much in need of updating links as well.

I was so excited to purchase this; I have played with BD robots but didn't want to pay thousands for a beta test.

There is no way I've found to get around this verification bug; unless they sold me a used product, there should be no reason why I can't access it.

Please get your act together...you are turning an early adopter into a loud dissenter. They have until Thursday.
Hi Brian.
Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Do you think they sold you a used Loona?
Your problem compounds other problems I have heard frequently about this product, it seems every day there is a new problem cropping up, such as this one.
I was excited to purchase this product too, and although ChatGPT integration has been great, the robot still moves around too fast at very high speeds, it’s ridiculous they haven’t changed this since December last year.
I’m so disappointed by how this has all turned out. Everyone keeps saying to wait, it will get better, I’ve been waiting for over eight months since receiving mine and feel they haven’t taken out some features of the behaviour such as moving constantly at high speed and stomping that basically render mine useless and never used. As I don’t use mine I am going sell them. I’m also tired of the constant drama from the company and reading constantly about the same problems cropping up in this product again and again with new purchases. I’m exhausted.

When trying to register my account on the app, I get a failed to send code message when trying to get a verification code. I have a Gmail account, and Uninstaller and reinstalled app. Help please.

Got our kids one for Christmas and can’t get a verification code. We are getting the ‘Failed to send verification code’ as well. Any tips? Thanks

Having the same problem can’t get a verification code. Christmas Day. All that money spent. Disappointed!

Also having the same problem getting a verification code. Tried using both an Android and an iPhone. Nothing. The one gift my youngest was most excited for this Christmas. This sucks!