Newer Runs Have Better Screens

dergonfruit

I had been noticing this in videos before I received my new Loona, but wanted to save my assumptions until I saw it in person. After using my newer Loona for the same amount of time as the last one (just to rule out screen wear as the culprit) my Loona from the newer run still looks nicer. Both are set to the same brightness level. The blacks are deeper, the colors are richer and the blue tones are more balanced. It's hard to capture in photos but it's pretty noticeable in person when you look at both of them together side-by-side.

Old (yellow box) Loona on left vs. New (black box) Loona on right:

loona_screens.png

Last edited:
I had been noticing this in videos before I received my new Loona, but wanted to save my assumptions until I saw it in person. After using my newer Loona for the same amount of time as the last one (just to rule out screen wear as the culprit) my Loona from the newer run still looks nicer. Both are set to the same brightness level. The blacks are deeper, the colors are richer and the blue tones are more balanced. It's hard to capture in photos but it's pretty noticeable in person when you look at both of them together side-by-side.

Old (yellow box) Loona on left vs. New (black box) Loona on right:

View attachment 2121

Great observations! You are the first person to notice this I think! Would you say the screen was still LCD or OLED?

Keyi must be very serious about improving Loona’s hardware if they are also concerned about providing higher quality screens.

Are the gears on Twoona holding up so far? I noticed Keyi are now offering a two year warranty to Kickstarter backers.

Edit...just noticed you popped up somewhere unexpectedly🤣