Loona promotional video VS Loona in real life

dglacier

So can we discuss the differences?

On the video at 00:30: Loona hears the door and comes to you?
In Real Life: She doesn't. I don't think she knows what a door opening sound is

On the video at 00:45: Loona walks with you and around you, very smoothly
In Real Life: She does follow you but you have to get used to how to do it. Stop a lot, make sure se 'sees' you, and she'll come, sometimes maybe even running into things

On the video at 00:49: they call Loona and she comes to you right away from wherever she is!
In Real Life: Not true, If she doesn't see you she won't find you , she has no AI to map the house where she lives (like the Sony dog robot does)

On the video at 1:12: Luna responds to "Loona", or "Hey Loona"... I wish!
In Real Life: only to "hello Loona"..and at that!

On the video at 1:27: Can anyone tell me where to find this game? thanks

On the video at 1:39: Loona loves to fetch and she goes running towards the ball
In Real Life: You need the ball that comes with her and also if you throw the ball behind her like in the video, she will not find it

On the video at 2:11: How is she making Loona stand up on 2 legs? anyone? thanks. And then she does a choreographed hand shake, looks so cool. Anyone?

On the video at 2:41 When she's in remote control mode, where does he get all those effects, like barking, to display on the screen? , thanks
Note: since it seems Loona sometimes loses connection to the app, then it's pointless because you can't remote all the time from another place? :(

Thank you guys? any thoughts, tips, experiences, and opinions welcome :)

What to say, you're right in all points, plus she isn't able to find her charger and because of that she isn't autonomous.

Hello! Loona isn't even a year old and still in development. Can someone please compare with 6 years old aibo ERS-1000 with Price Tag of 3000 non development anymore and Feedback resistance Sony! Please don't compare with Desktop Robots. Because Loona is a ground Robot and has way more to handle

In Real Life: She does follow you but you have to get used to how to do it. Stop a lot, make sure se 'sees' you, and she'll come, sometimes maybe even running into things

On the video at 00:49: they call Loona and she comes to you right away from wherever she is!
In Real Life: Not true, If she doesn't see you she won't find you , she has no AI to map the house where she lives (like the Sony dog robot does)

On the video at 1:39: Loona loves to fetch and she goes running towards the ball
In Real Life: You need the ball that comes with her and also if you throw the ball behind her like in the video, she will not find it

On the video at 2:11: How is she making Loona stand up on 2 legs? anyone? thanks. And then she does a choreographed hand shake, looks so cool. Anyone?

On the video at 2:41 When she's in remote control mode, where does he get all those effects, like barking, to display on the screen? , thanks
Note: since it seems Loona sometimes loses connection to the app, then it's pointless because you can't remote all the time from another place? :(

My thoughts, sorry n sweet... waste of money. My robots Vector and Cozmo, also Emo...respond right on que.i should of never wasted my money on this dud.

My thoughts, sorry n sweet... waste of money. My robots Vector and Cozmo, also Emo...respond right on que.i should of never wasted my money on this dud.
But whatelse does Vector and Cozmo do. I need for example different kind of Behavior/Reactions and kind of surprisingly Entertaining. I didn't find with Cozmo or Vector. Did I miss something?

I still have hopes for it to get batter. It is fun but now how the y portray it. Hopefully updates will bring this close to what it SHOULD be.

Do you even own the Sony aibo?

The video is about Loona, not Aibo,
But you mentioned aibo but didn't expirence one. So you don't know. When you far away in other a Room. Aibo won't find you aswell. aibo really can't follow you (fast) at least. aibo has also difficult to find charger when far away from it. So please do not compare if you don't know. I owned aibo. aibo cost is much higher and Loona in my opinion is the only Robot who can compete so far. KeYi Technology is not lying. They constantly working to make loona better and better even more as in advert

I decided to do a break down of the conflicting information KEYi sends out. This causes unnecessary confusion.

Here is the standard response KEYi give people seeking repair help:

1. Avoid moving/pulling Loona’s ears to prevent motor damage.
2. Don’t touch ears while in motion to prevent harm to motors.
3. Keep Loona off high surfaces to prevent falls and damage.

7CDFFD55-63B2-4E55-8E17-014C0BFB0E07.jpeg
Despite this in the manual KEYi states “Loona also reacts if you gently tease her ears”.
And then they have games that involve pulling on the ears quite firmly while the ears are in motion.
Despite this at every opportunity they will then tell you over and over again not to touch her ears.
88B0EB35-57D6-4210-96D4-9C031736D4E7.jpeg
68D272EE-9EC2-470C-96DA-9A0DED824035.jpeg
All the promo material shows Loona recharging in low light yet KEYi admit Loona has trouble in low light situations and recognising dark colours.

F18CF607-9E76-48C9-965E-EFE643AA279B.jpeg

Finally KEYi shows Loona on tables in multiple promo videos and in their social media promotional materials. Yet will tell you at every opportunity not to use Loona at height.

KEYi will also tell you to ensure Loona doesn’t bump into things, yet in their KS promo video obstacle avoidance while moving through the house which they called path planning was a main selling feature.

If anyone has examples of further instances please add them to this thread.

Hello! Loona isn't even a year old and still in development. Can someone please compare with 6 years old aibo ERS-1000 with Price Tag of 3000 non development anymore and Feedback resistance Sony! Please don't compare with Desktop Robots. Because Loona is a ground Robot and has way more to handle
Now do a car commercial, or a movie trailer with scenes not in the movie, basically any other item on an ad. All the items you mention are possible, perhaps this is a concept video and it was shown to highlight things that were anticipated to be included in Loona and they couldn't when it launched.

As it is, Loona is an amazing robot, especially for the price. Loona is not perfect, not even real life pets listen to you every time. I do see a tremendous effort from the KEYi Tech to come up with a lot of innovations no other companies offer, and any technology enthusiast knows products are never perfect from the start.

Now do a car commercial, or a movie trailer with scenes not in the movie, basically any other item on an ad. All the items you mention are possible, perhaps this is a concept video and it was shown to highlight things that were anticipated to be included in Loona and they couldn't when it launched.

As it is, Loona is an amazing robot, especially for the price. Loona is not perfect, not even real life pets listen to you every time. I do see a tremendous effort from the KEYi Tech to come up with a lot of innovations no other companies offer, and any technology enthusiast knows products are never perfect from the start.
Normally I would agree but with all the strange things Keyi is doing it’s tough to continue to support them. I mean people are having major issues and getting silence from them.

Keyi had funding from some pretty big tech players, like Xiaomi, surely they could have ensured the hardware was more robust with all the experience they have in delivering tech products.

There is no reason they couldn’t have just shown Loona’s functionality as is, without artificially raising expectations with possible future features that may or may not eventuate.

Even the software updates are full of over inflated promises that don’t turn out to be true. They damage themselves with their unrealistic promises, after a while people will just stop listening to their claims. Sadly I feel they are already a quasi DDL.