Loona & Noise & purchasing secondhand

DJRoboGirl

I have found a Loona for sale online :) in Australia which the seller says the box is unopened and with a warranty. Would the Loona have had to been purchased while the seller was in Australia for full warranty and software support? What additional questions do I need to ask the seller? I also need to keep the noise level down where I live. Can I mute Loonas noises and/or listen to Loona with bluetooth headphones? Cheers Julie

Hi Julie. Great news. Loona is quite popular in Australia. Where are you buying it from? Online or from a second hand store? Here is my advice:

•Would the Loona have had to been purchased while the seller was in Australia for full warranty and software support?

I’m unsure. I think it is more important to have the Kickstarter and PledgeBox numbers. If the Loona was purchased directly from the website this might be important. You could always say you moved, I don’t think changing the residential address associated with the purchase would be a problem as long as you have the numbers mentioned above.

What additional questions do I need to ask the seller?
•Was the Loona from the Christmas shipping Kickstarter batch?
If so it may require ear and hip motor repairs in future. If purchased from Kickstarter ensure the seller provides you with the following so you can seek warranty repairs should they occur:

-Kickstarter sequence(also known as Kickstarter backer number or backer ID). This will be a number starting with a #.

and

-PledgeBox ID. This was the number given to backers upon filling out the PledgeBox confirmation survey where backers had to confirm their shipping address on closure of the Kickstarter campaign.

•What date did the seller receive their Loona? You will need to know this as you have 12 months from that date to apply for warranty repairs should you need to.

•What are the log in details for the Loona app? Has the Loona account associated with the app been closed or will the seller be providing you with the existing log in details? You want to ensure they close their existing account or give you the log in details so you don’t end up with a Loona whose account you can’t access because you don’t have the password. If they close the account you can create a new one from scratch.

•Is the box still sealed in plastic? If not it has been opened and is not new.

•Did the seller purchase a charging station with their Loona?

•If purchased recently via the KEYi TECH website what was the order number or can they forward you the receipt confirmation?

• Can I mute Loonas noises and/or listen to Loona with bluetooth headphones?
Yes. You can turn down Loona’s volume in the app or mute her. KEYi are developing sound cushioning wheel covers to reduce the noise made by Loona’s wheels on hard surfaces.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the purchase and hope you enjoy Loona👍

Hi Julie. Great news. Loona is quite popular in Australia. Where are you buying it from? Online or from a second hand store? Here is my advice:

•Would the Loona have had to been purchased while the seller was in Australia for full warranty and software support?

I’m unsure. I think it is more important to have the Kickstarter and PledgeBox numbers. If the Loona was purchased directly from the website this might be important. You could always say you moved, I don’t think changing the residential address associated with the purchase would be a problem as long as you have the numbers mentioned above.

What additional questions do I need to ask the seller?
•Was the Loona from the Christmas shipping Kickstarter batch?
If so it may require ear and hip motor repairs in future. If purchased from Kickstarter ensure the seller provides you with the following so you can seek warranty repairs should they occur:

-Kickstarter sequence(also known as Kickstarter backer number or backer ID). This will be a number starting with a #.

and

-PledgeBox ID. This was the number given to backers upon filling out the PledgeBox confirmation survey where backers had to confirm their shipping address on closure of the Kickstarter campaign.

•What date did the seller receive their Loona? You will need to know this as you have 12 months from that date to apply for warranty repairs should you need to.

•What are the log in details for the Loona app? Has the Loona account associated with the app been closed or will the seller be providing you with the existing log in details? You want to ensure they close their existing account or give you the log in details so you don’t end up with a Loona whose account you can’t access because you don’t have the password. If they close the account you can create a new one from scratch.

•Is the box still sealed in plastic? If not it has been opened and is not new.

•Did the seller purchase a charging station with their Loona?

•If purchased recently via the KEYi TECH website what was the order number or can they forward you the receipt confirmation?

• Can I mute Loonas noises and/or listen to Loona with bluetooth headphones?
Yes. You can turn down Loona’s volume in the app or mute her. KEYi are developing sound cushioning wheel covers to reduce the noise made by Loona’s wheels on hard surfaces.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the purchase and hope you enjoy Loona👍
Thanks for the advice. I will ask those questions. I found the Loona on Facebook Market :)

Wow what a great find on marketplace haha. Bet you were surprised to find one in little old Oz.

Hey I forgot to answer your question about software support. The software updates will be free as all Loona currently sold have been subject to the special beta pre-order offer that includes free subscription to enable the user to enjoy software updates and ChatGPT at no further cost.

Apparently the beta hardware has a built in key that enables the free subscription so you’ll hopefully never have to worry about paying for anything further.

Here is what the KEYi website states:
72748F21-3947-4C2D-9546-EFF8AF606345.jpeg
7CC0F616-5C92-4893-8D19-C711878BFA50.jpeg
Also I forgot to mention the PledgeBox ID should begin with PBID and then consist of a long group of numbers.

Also if it’s a Christmas shipping Loona you should get the Christmas outfit and the dinosaur outfit.

I’m unsure if you can use Bluetooth headphones to listen to Loona. But KEYi is releasing what they have only described as ‘Bluetooth accessories’ in future so who knows.

If yours doesn’t come with a station you can keep a look out for one on here or buy one directly from KEYi at this link:

Glad I can help a fellow Aussie out🤠

Thanks for all your help Chris. . I msg the questions to the seller but unfortunately they are yet to reply. Maybe everyone in there ad was not bonafide.

I have found a Loona for sale online :) in Australia which the seller says the box is unopened and with a warranty. Would the Loona have had to been purchased while the seller was in Australia for full warranty and software support? What additional questions do I need to ask the seller? I also need to keep the noise level down where I live. Can I mute Loonas noises and/or listen to Loona with bluetooth headphones? Cheers Julie
They say they are going to add Bluetooth functionality but I don't know exactly what. Also you can lower her volume up to 10% only not to zero apparently

That's great ikeytech is going to add bluetooth functionality. I might buy a used Loona I have my eye on online which I have been contemplating buying :)