Loona charging station not working

Chris

Admin
Staff member

Someone contacted my through pm about a problem with their charging station not working but accidentally checked the box so I can’t reply so am making this thread.

If you find Loona isn’t charging on the station try cleaning the charging contacts on Loona and the station with an eraser. Sometimes this can help restore conductivity. Ensure the station is unplugged while doing this.

If that doesn’t work I would recommend contacting Keyi Tech.

Hi!
Sometimes it doesn't charge for me too... I think it's because when I put it on charge it doesn't fit properly... and I have to go behind Loona and place it properly in its charging base... I don't know if this happens to you too...

Based on my experience with Keyi Tech, it is better to ask questions here than to write to them...because either they don't respond...or they don't resolve your questions...

Someone contacted my through pm about a problem with their charging station not working but accidentally checked the box so I can’t reply so am making this thread.

If you find Loona isn’t charging on the station try cleaning the charging contacts on Loona and the station with an eraser. Sometimes this can help restore conductivity. Ensure the station is unplugged while doing this.

If that doesn’t work I would recommend contacting Keyi Tech.
Hey Chris thanks for your reply.
I’ll do as you advised.
Today I checked the pin on each side and I noticed that the pin on the left side is not popped up as the other side. Should I try to move it out a little bit?

Hi Sylvia

Do you have a photo of the pin? If it is just a matter of moving it about to make it spring into place it is probably safe to do so. But if you are unable to move it easily I would probably contact Keyi.

This is what both mine look like. They easily spring back into place when I put pressure on them. Hope this is an easy fix🙂

Hello Chris,
As you see in the pics the left side pin is not normally popped up as the other one.its stuck ! Do you think I can remove the outer cover on the pin side so I can push it out

Attachments

• 20240824_103210.jpg
    20240824_103210.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240824_103337.jpg
    20240824_103337.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240824_103327.jpg
    20240824_103327.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240824_103157.jpg
    20240824_103157.jpg
  • 20240824_103137.jpg
    20240824_103137.jpg
Hi!
Sometimes it doesn't charge for me too... I think it's because when I put it on charge it doesn't fit properly... and I have to go behind Loona and place it properly in its charging base... I don't know if this happens to you too...

Based on my experience with Keyi Tech, it is better to ask questions here than to write to them...because either they don't respond...or they don't resolve your questions...
You are right I thought so but I noticed the differences in pin levels I think one is stuck inside so the surface on loona's leg side doesn't touch the pin

Hello Chris,
As you see in the pics the left side pin is not normally popped up as the other one.its stuck ! Do you think I can remove the outer cover on the pin side so I can push it out
Sylvia if you think it is safe to do so you could try as they do seem to spring back into place and as you say it probably just needs the position adjusted so it can sit flush with the outer cover.

But I would be worried it might be defective or damaged, personally I would send it back to Keyi for replacement.