It’s confirmed! Loona to get GPT-4o

Chris

Admin
Staff member
4E92A87B-C259-4633-9B52-A67B87B280CA.jpeg
Image: Screenshot by author.

Keyi Tech just announced Loona will be getting the new ChatGPT-4o update! Although they haven’t specified an exact date, they do mention it is coming soon which could mean the update is imminent if OpenAI’s statement on the API provides an accurate timeline for release!
Developers can also now access GPT-4o in the API as a text and vision model. GPT-4o is 2x faster, half the price, and has 5x higher rate limits compared to GPT-4 Turbo. We plan to launch support for GPT-4o's new audio and video capabilities to a small group of trusted partners in the API in the coming weeks
Source: https://openai.com/index/hello-gpt-4o/

That moment when you are glad you held onto your four Loona😂🤖🤖🤖🤖

Read the announcement by Keyi Tech here:

Hi, Chris. This is Charles from sunny Singapore. Recently, I accidently deleted my Loona app connected to Loona. Unfortunately, I not sure which email address I used to reinstallthe app. As such, I am prompted to manually factory reset Loona so that I can reinstall Loona from scratch. Seeking your professional advice. Thanks

Charles I’m unsure if it is possible to set up Loona on a new account with the app if it is already tied to a previous account.

Are you getting a prompt from the Hello Loona app asking you to manually factory reset Loona?

You could try creating a new account with the app and then manually making a QR code appear on Loona’s screen by holding down on the power button until you see an animation of gears turning and then release to reveal the QR code and see if that works by scanning with the app.

If that doesn’t work you could try emailing Keyi Tech with your Loona’s serial number and see if they can retrieve the email address associated with the Hello Loona app account.

What do you think of Loona’s new GPT-4o update? I’m missing the old “sassy space dog” personality. It remains a mystery why Keyi removed it. They haven’t even added in the embodied emotions on this new update.

I’m holding out for the version of GPT-4o with vision capabilities that you can interrupt showcased by OpenAI in their demo videos. It’s great Keyi are incorporating these new versions into Loona but I’m still stumped at why they took away the animations Loona displayed previously while talking.

Hopefully with the next update some of that will be addressed. I'm about to test this out right now! I do miss her sass too lol. But she is super sweet now.

T
Hopefully with the next update some of that will be addressed. I'm about to test this out right now! I do miss her sass too lol. But she is super sweet now.
True. She is sweeter. What do you think of the new GPT-4o conversations?

I dislike how they always start with “Oh”. Also I find it doesn’t have the same type of personality I see in videos of people using the app version of GPT-4o. I didn’t like the haiku poem she composed for me.

Honestly I don’t think Keyi have a clue what they are doing with this robot anymore.

When trying to pet Loona in companion and ground mode she keeps thinking I’m doing a double tap to initiate a voice command when I’m not.

Although some of the new animations are super adorable I’m finding interactions too frustrating these days. Maybe as I get closer to forty the less patience I have.

Hopefully they can work out these kinks in the next update when OpenAI release the model trained directly on vision and audio.

Sometimes interactions are great, other times they are less than optimal. I’ll hold out for the next update.
BE3E917B-438A-4A1D-A5F3-C8F8156CE595.jpeg

This new update has really put me off talking to AI. Don’t know what it is, but a switch has definitely been flipped in me.