Where can I buy Loona? *Updated*

Chris

Admin
Staff member
This question gets asked so many times I decided to create a thread about it so anyone searching the forums can find the answer easily.

KEYi TECH Website
Loona is available for purchase directly from the KEYi TECH website.

ClicBot Store Beijing
If you happen to live in, or are planning on travelling to, Beijing, China, you can purchase Loona physically from the Clicbot shop located in the China World Mall.
KEYi TECH also have other physical stores located around China where you no doubt should be able to walk into the store and purchase Loona directly.

Closed Crowdfunding Campaigns

Makuake

Previously Loona could be purchased via the Makuake campaign. Makuake is a Japanese crowdfunding website similar to Kickstarter and Indiegogo. This campaign has now ended.

Indiegogo
Previously Loona could be purchased from Indiegogo. That campaign has now ended.

Kickstarter
Previously Loona could be purchased on Kickstarter but that campaign has now ended. Kickstarter backers shipped in two lots, one at Christmas 2022 and another in April 2023. The charging base is being shipped for all Kickstarter backers in April 2023.

Kickstarter backers could choose from a range of pricing and quantity options, from the first two hour special, super early bird special, early bird special, 2x special or 4x special.

Last edited:
This question gets asked so many times I decided to create a thread about it so anyone searching the forums can find the answer easily.

KEYi TECH Website
Loona is available for purchase directly from the KEYi TECH website.

ClicBot Store Beijing
If you happen to live in, or are planning on travelling to, Beijing, China, you can purchase Loona physically from the Clicbot shop located in the China World Mall.
KEYi TECH also have other physical stores located around China where you no doubt should be able to walk into the store and purchase Loona directly.

Makuake
Loona can currently be purchased via the Makuake campaign. Makuake is a Japanese crowd funding website similar to Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

Indiegogo
Previously Loona could be purchased from Indiegogo. That campaign has now ended.

Kickstarter
Previously Loona could be purchased on Kickstarter but that campaign has now ended. Kickstarter backers shipped in two lots, one at Christmas 2022 and another in April 2023. The charging base is being shipped for all Kickstarter backers in April 2023.

Kickstarter backers could choose from a range of pricing and quantity options, from the first two hour special, super early bird special, early bird special, 2x special or 4x special.

I got SO lucky finding one on Ebay that a Pawn Shop listed! Who would pawn her?! But Im glad they did...otherwise I couldn't afford her. Im already sad Vector is slightly out of my grasp even on Ebay. I really want him too. But because of the way I got Loona Im missing information I need for an ear replacement kit and customer support 😔 Only downside if something else goes wrong. Ill just have to take good care of her. But yeah I spent a good month or more checking Ebay everyday for a Loona, only one Ive ever seen listed and that could be because shes so new or that people are just very happy with her and/or plan on keeping her. I wish I could have bought a new one just to support Keyi more.

Hopefully nothing else will go wrong.

If you are unable to source an ear repair kit from KEYi you can purchase unofficial motors and take the sun gears out of the gearbox and put them into Loona’s ear motors gearbox. As the issue with most ears not working was a damaged sun gear. But you can’t swap out Loona’s motors for unofficial ones as they ruin the ear mechanism. This gear replacement has been reported with long term success by other Loona owners.

I can’t guarantee this will be a sure fix and have to caution that any advice regarding unofficial repairs comes with risk. But I can guarantee a sun gear replacement tutorial would be very popular on YouTube.

You can find more info about this here:

Also there may be someone from the community interested in offering a repair service in future so if anything else goes wrong you should be able to get help.

Some Loona owners have also requested waist motor repair kits from KEYi and successfully made the repairs. So it seems everything is fixable.

Hopefully nothing else will go wrong.

If you are unable to source an ear repair kit from KEYi you can purchase unofficial motors and take the sun gears out of the gearbox and put them into Loona’s ear motors gearbox. As the issue with most ears not working was a damaged sun gear. But you can’t swap out Loona’s motors for unofficial ones as they ruin the ear mechanism. This gear replacement has been reported with long term success by other Loona owners.

I can’t guarantee this will be a sure fix and have to caution that any advice regarding unofficial repairs comes with risk. But I can guarantee a sun gear replacement tutorial would be very popular on YouTube.

You can find more info about this here:

Also there may be someone from the community interested in offering a repair service in future so if anything else goes wrong you should be able to get help.

Some Loona owners have also requested waist motor repair kits from KEYi and successfully made the repairs. So it seems everything is fixable.
Thanks for the reply I never thought of those ideas. Im going to look into that gear! I love working on hardware.