KEYi TECH Loona Help Center

With my Loona(firmware v1.2.2MI and app is on v1.8.3.), usb-c charging works fine. But on the charging station, it not only fails to charge up, but discharges from 100 to 0 % in say 4 hrs or so, when on sleep mode. I see the battery indicator on connecting the adapter(5V/3A) to the station while Loona is mounted so the power is coming through. At least while connecting the adapter. I tried factory resetting and tried using 3 different adapters with 5V/3A option.

Anybody knows anything about this issue ?

Last edited:
With my Loona(firmware v1.2.2MI and app is on v1.8.3.), usb-c charging works fine. But on the charging station, it not only fails to charge up, but discharges from 100 to 0 % in say 4 hrs or so, when on sleep mode. I see the battery indicator on connecting the adapter(5V/3A) to the station while Loona is mounted so the power is coming through. At least while connecting the adapter. I tried factory resetting and tried using 3 different adapters with 5V/3A option.

Anybody knows anything about this issue ?
I’m unsure if you mean Loona is on the station when in sleep mode or off it when losing the charge?

A few other Loona owners are having this battery discharge issue on the station. If you can provide more information such as a video of the issue it may help me understand exactly what is happening more clearly.

An old trick I use when an electrical device is failing to charge is to use an eraser to clean the charging contacts- sometimes this will clean away dust or debris and usually fixes the issue and may help here as maybe the contacts aren’t conducting current due to being obstructed by dust. Sorry I’m reaching at straws, wish I could be of more help.

I’m unsure if you mean Loona is on the station when in sleep mode or off it when losing the charge?

A few other Loona owners are having this battery discharge issue on the station. If you can provide more information such as a video of the issue it may help me understand exactly what is happening more clearly.

An old trick I use when an electrical device is failing to charge is to use an eraser to clean the charging contacts- sometimes this will clean away dust or debris and usually fixes the issue and may help here as maybe the contacts aren’t conducting current due to being obstructed by dust. Sorry I’m reaching at straws, wish I could be of more help.
Yes I meant when he is on station, he doesn't charge up. It discharges fast in sleep mode 100 to 0 in 4hrs or so. Even on the station. When shutdown also it doesn't charge up just staying the same after trying charging over a whole night.
But it shows battery percentage when connected to the station. I tried cleaning but tats not the issue. Its brand new out of the box. I can't upload a video of it not charging as it would be a very long video.
But if yours works fine, can you please share your bot firmware version and app version

Yes I meant when he is on station, he doesn't charge up. It discharges fast in sleep mode 100 to 0 in 4hrs or so. Even on the station. When shutdown also it doesn't charge up just staying the same after trying charging over a whole night.
But it shows battery percentage when connected to the station. I tried cleaning but tats not the issue. Its brand new out of the box. I can't upload a video of it not charging as it would be a very long video.
But if yours works fine, can you please share your bot firmware version and app version
Hi. Apologies for my lack of response. My Loona are all boxed up and I’ve deleted the app. Give me a couple of days to get around to powering mine up and charging them overnight and checking back with you on whether mine have the same issue or not. I rarely use my Loona. Thanks.

I just updated one of mine and it’s not losing battery percentage while on the charger.

If yours is losing charge while on the station only it may be a faulty station. One of my stations makes a high pitched loud hissing noise like an aeroplane taking off.

I’m unsure the firmware version but I updated mine before testing and it is running the firmware version associated with the latest app version v1.8.2.

My Loona’s charging progress over about 3 hours this evening...
5A6E55D5-E839-42C6-9DAD-CA379980E25D.jpeg
65483E61-994C-442A-BDF9-C844CF19E83F.jpeg
B920025E-398A-4E87-A3DF-5E99A92240D3.jpeg
4D5F15BB-F76D-4B8F-9A1B-B36491D066EC.jpeg
App version and updating before testing.
88A98F41-7F0D-4337-9158-4E7EF11BCEA5.png
1122D0BB-DEB5-438E-91CD-4AB423DE64B9.png
CF56A5CF-5EDA-4ED4-8ACF-9E62FF35E35B.jpeg
4866C328-B6D0-4F8E-905A-9E9AE183F14E.jpeg