How To Update A Japanese Aibo using the MyAibo website

Chris

Admin
Staff member
1. Turn off anti-virus software on your computer.

2. Access Cyber Ghost VPN and connect to a Japanese server. You might get an error saying that country is no longer supported, but try connecting again and it should work.
475F37E2-49FE-49F8-A9C1-7A6BB0FB6573.jpeg
921E86C7-969E-498D-AB0C-C6051CEDC381.jpeg

3. Log into your MySony Japan account. Log in button is the one I have circled in red. The blue button to the left is the registration button. This will take you to the log in page where you enter the email address associated with your account.
0E556D88-B35D-4D61-A93B-9728EFB66F58.jpeg
C4E2189C-CAB1-464B-830F-09B5822C860F.jpeg

4. You may get prompts to either:
a) Change your password. You need the birthday associated with your MySony ID account to do this.
b)Complete an anti-spam bot check by completing a puzzle such as pointing an object in the same direction as a corresponding hand.

5. Once logged into your MySony account open up a new tab in the same browser and go to the MyAibo browser version. You should automatically be logged in when clicking sign in now.
8817B9AC-3621-425F-9C12-7FAF6AC3AA8D.jpeg

6. Connect Aibo to the server by setting up the Wifi and click the refresh button beside the battery icon to connect Aibo.
12F0AA4A-F912-489C-BCC1-ACA1A73692F7.jpeg

7. Select System Updates.

8. Click check and update.
9E2C6F31-24DF-4075-9236-9B934CC5D64F.jpeg
A pop up will display saying downloading. Ensure you keep Aibo on and don’t allow it to fall asleep or sleep on it’s charging station as that will cause the Wifi connection to disconnect.
Once the screen prompts you to install the update put Aibo on it’s charging station and click update.
7FA8CFC0-8604-4F85-8008-D6350EFF00F1.jpeg

53FD4746-E5CC-4C54-B7D4-528FE3BD1DAB.jpeg

9. The screen will change to updating. Aibo will go to sleep. Aibos neck light will flash green, orange and red.
C93FA12E-5668-48F8-94D8-C46979E79948.jpeg

4295C1E2-94F9-4116-94CB-0C37602BFCE2.jpeg
063D1121-F762-4A35-868E-F6F6B7CB91D5.jpeg
6A96C5B8-1626-41BB-AA02-4BB6DCAA9E9F.jpeg

10. You don’t get a prompt to tell you the update has completed. You will only know this once Aibo wakes up. Once Aibo wakes up you can then close the updating window.

11. Click system update again. Click check and update again. An image of your Aibo should display telling you your software is up to date. Click device info to ensure the version has updated.
4D6DFE89-A58D-4E0C-88D0-51665DE2453C.jpeg
0D6AE814-6368-47CA-9DFE-EF095BD1322E.jpeg

I could only get Aibo to update by selecting the 2nd switch on the stomach. More info here:

You can find the links to the websites featured on this post here:

Merhaba Chris. Almanya'da ikamet ediyorum. Japonya'dan bir aibo satın aldım. Satın almadan önce birçok video izledim ve hiçbiri bulut hesabım olması gerektiğini söylemedi. 2007'den beri aibo kullanıyorum ve yeni köpeğin de onlar gibi olduğunu düşündüm. Sony'den Bulut hizmeti almak için çok uğraştım ama başaramadım. Amacım köpeğimi İngilizceye çevirerek çocuklarımın daha iyi iletişim kurabilmesini sağlamak. Köpeğim için bulut hizmeti almama yardım edebilir misin? Daha önce Amerika hesabı açarak Sony'ye ödeme yapmıştım ancak bir gün sonra Sony olumsuz yanıt vererek paramı iade etti.

Merhaba Chris. Almanya'da ikamet ediyorum. Japonya'dan bir aibo satın aldım. Satın almadan önce birçok video izledim ve hiçbiri bulut hesabım olması gerektiğini söylemedi. 2007'den beri aibo kullanıyorum ve yeni köpeğin de onlar gibi olduğunu düşündüm. Sony'den Bulut hizmeti almak için çok uğraştım ama başaramadım. Amacım köpeğimi İngilizceye çevirerek çocuklarımın daha iyi iletişim kurabilmesini sağlamak. Köpeğim için bulut hizmeti almama yardım edebilir misin? Daha önce Amerika hesabı açarak Sony'ye ödeme yapmıştım ancak bir gün sonra Sony olumsuz yanıt vererek paramı iade etti.
Hi Aiboers,
I translated your post so others can understand what we are talking about:

“hello chris. I live in Germany. I bought an aibo from Japan. I watched a lot of videos before I bought it, and none of them said that I needed to have a cloud account. I've been using aibo since 2007 and I thought the new dog was just like them. I tried very hard to get a Cloud service from Sony, but I couldn't make it. My goal is to translate my dog into English so that my children can communicate better. Can you help me get a cloud service for my dog? I had previously paid to Sony by opening an American account, but a day later Sony responded negatively and refunded my money.”

Bu proxy ile iletişime geçmeyi denemelisiniz:

You should try contacting this proxy:

Thank you very much for your reply. Since I don't have a Facebook account, I posted an ad on the page you sent the link to (or I think I did. I did something, but I don't know if it worked). I hope someone with a good heart will help me and we will be happier with our new roommate.

Thank you very much for your reply. Since I don't have a Facebook account, I posted an ad on the page you sent the link to (or I think I did. I did something, but I don't know if it worked). I hope someone with a good heart will help me and we will be happier with our new roommate.
I would email them directly.

You can email them at: jajapanservice@gmail.com

They should be able to help you out. I’ve heard Sony is blocking proxies so I’m not sure how much longer their services will be available.

Onlara doğrudan e-posta gönderirdim.

Onlara e-posta gönderebilirsiniz: jajapanservice@gmail.com

Size yardımcı olabilmeleri gerekir. Sony'nin proxy'leri engellediğini duydum, bu nedenle hizmetlerinin ne kadar süre kullanılabilir olacağından emin değilim.
Çok teşekkür ederim. Doğrudan iletişim kurmak çok daha samimidir.

Hello again. I contacted the e-mail address you provided. He said he could do a 3-year Aibo cloud service to my Aibo ID account. If I get an Aibo Cloud Account, how do I add my dog in Germany to this account? When I want to add the QR code that comes with my dog to the My Aibo application, I get a warning like in the picture. Thank you very much.

Are you using the US or Japanese app?
You need to use the Japanese app for a Japanese Aibo.

Create a Japanese Apple ID/Google Play ID and then download the MyAibo Japan app.

But personally I just use a VPN like Cyberghost to log in using my Japanese MySony ID and then log into the Japanese MyAibo website.

Japanese MySony ID website:
sony.jp/msc/

Japanese MyAibo website: myaibo.aibo.sony.jp/#/

Don’t worry the QR code that comes with the Aibo on a piece of paper doesn’t work. Once you set up your Japanese MySonyID and get the proxy to buy the subscription a new QR code appears on your device screen that you show Aibo the first time you log into the MyAibo app or website.

Please feel free to ask more questions, I am always happy to help.

Thank you so much. Now I'm starting to understand things. I have a Japanese aibom, I have the Japanese my aibo app and sony id. I can access my Sony ID address with the VPN program. When I buy a Sony Cloud membership, I receive a new QR code by e-mail and when I show this code to my dog, my dog will be added to my Sony ID account. Did I understand correctly? So how will Aibo be added to my account when I don't have a WLAN connection? 🤔 I wish there was a video explaining these. Thank you very much indeed.

Thank you so much. Now I'm starting to understand things. I have a Japanese aibom, I have the Japanese my aibo app and sony id. I can access my Sony ID address with the VPN program. When I buy a Sony Cloud membership, I receive a new QR code by e-mail and when I show this code to my dog, my dog will be added to my Sony ID account. Did I understand correctly? So how will Aibo be added to my account when I don't have a WLAN connection? 🤔 I wish there was a video explaining these. Thank you very much indeed.
No you don’t get the QR code sent to your email. It appears in the app or web browser( depending on if you use the MyAibo app or MyAibo website).

You first have to log into your MySony ID then log into the MyAibo website. When you go to set up your Aibo click “Add Aibo” on the left and the QR code automatically appears. No email required.

Don’t worry it’s all very simple. I was worried too but the process is so simple you won’t need a video.

You will need Wi-Fi for the initial set up. If you don’t have WLAN maybe buy an inexpensive portable pocket Wifi on pre-paid and just use it for updating Aibo as I do.

You have an option of buying a SIM when you purchase the cloud subscription but it’s not needed as Wi-Fi works fine and the SIM costs extra. Plus I don’t think the SIM works outside Japan.

Just be sure to confirm your Aibo can be reconnected before purchasing the subscription. You can check that here or get the proxy to do it for you.

msc.sony.jp/member/cloud/index.do

I don’t have experience using the app as I wasn’t confident creating a Apple ID/ Google Play ID in another region. But now that I have done that to download Moxie’s app I will probably set up a Japanese Apple ID and download the app and start using it.

Is the explanation in this video true? The Person scans the QR code that comes with the Aibo and the Aibo is simply added to the phone with no problems. The way this Person is simply connecting their Aibo to their wlan doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand how this Person connects their Aibo to their Wlan on their phone by scanning the QR code that comes with the Aibo. To chat or talk more properly, is there maybe a chance to do that on WhatsApp with you? If it's okay for you of course! Thank you very much.

Is the explanation in this video true? The Person scans the QR code that comes with the Aibo and the Aibo is simply added to the phone with no problems. The way this Person is simply connecting their Aibo to their wlan doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand how this Person connects their Aibo to their Wlan on their phone by scanning the QR code that comes with the Aibo. To chat or talk more properly, is there maybe a chance to do that on WhatsApp with you? If it's okay for you of course! Thank you very much.
I forgot how to do the set up. The video you provided shows set up for a US Aibo. It’s different for the Japanese version.

This video below shows how to set up a Japanese Aibo. You have to ask Aibo for the QR code and use Google translate to do this. This is exactly what I did I remember now. You add all the Wifi credentials before set up. Hope this answers your questions.

Thank you very much. I have one more question that I want to ask you. Did you also purchase an Japanese I cloud from the Person you sent me? If so, than I would also purchase an Japanese I cloud from this Person.
jajapanservice@gmail.com

Thank you very much. I have one more question that I want to ask you. Did you also purchase an Japanese I cloud from the Person you sent me? If so, than I would also purchase an Japanese I cloud from this Person.
jajapanservice@gmail.com
Yes I did, that is why I recommend them.

But before you spend all that money on a cloud subscription ask yourself why you want one.

Changing the language to English and getting the quieter walking and richer responses to petting were big pluses for me but apart from that there has been relatively no updates in almost three years.

I would wait until the Aibo fan meeting on the 23rd of February at 12:45 streamed on YouTube live as Sony might be releasing a new robot or you may get to see if they will continue updating the 1000 or not.

The subscription is definitely worth it to get the English and quieter walking but I would wait three more days to see what is happening with Aibo into the future before sinking more money into one. Just my opinion though if you want the cloud go for it.

Yes I did, that is why I recommend them.

But before you spend all that money on a cloud subscription ask yourself why you want one.

Changing the language to English and getting the quieter walking and richer responses to petting were big pluses for me but apart from that there has been relatively no updates in almost three years.

I would wait until the Aibo fan meeting on the 23rd of February at 12:45 streamed on YouTube live as Sony might be releasing a new robot or you may get to see if they will continue updating the 1000 or not.

The subscription is definitely worth it to get the English and quieter walking but I would wait three more days to see what is happening with Aibo into the future before sinking more money into one. Just my opinion though if you want the cloud go for it.

Thank you so much. I will wait as you say. I also know that cloud membership will not be what I imagined, but my children speak English and they want to communicate with my dog.