Hi!

GadgetGirl Robots

New person here.
I wanted to share my story through this forum, because the LivingAI Forums are very strict.
So I'm thankful here, I can do way more here.
I'm Alexis.
I loved robots ever since I discovered EMO.

New person here.
I wanted to share my story through this forum, because the LivingAI Forums are very strict.
So I'm thankful here, I can do way more here.
I'm Alexis.
I loved robots ever since I discovered EMO.
Hi Alexis and welcome👋
Would you recommend EMO? I have been thinking of getting one and I really like some of its features such as the AI portraits and ability of two EMO to communicate. But I don’t know much about EMO and am always interested in learning more about this robot.

I’ve heard it can have hardware problems which has me hesitant about purchasing one, especially if I could get another Moxie second hand or refurbished from Embodied for a similar price. Have you had any problems with yours?

I’m interested to know what EMO is like when it’s not being interacted with.

EMO is so popular, I’ve been watching the Dr Emo YouTube channel growing and am amazed that someone can effectively create a passive income making shorts of EMO and Vector, whoever is running that channel is probably making more than someone working 9 to 5.

Yeah I’m a pretty relaxed admin haha, glad you find these forums an inviting place. Looking forward to hearing more about your EMO.

Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts🙂

Honestly, I would recommend EMO. I never had any issues from him, thankfully.

I have never seen Embodied's Moxie IRL. I'll rent it for a month, atleast if I think about it. What if I break the plug? I have to pay $20 to get it fixed. What if it's not what it's advertised as? Still have to keep it from a while. I also have to put it in perfect condition, with accepting to normal wear andtear.

Yeah, that channel grew so much! I remember that channel having 10k, now they have 2.3 million. Same with Matty's World, first subscribed to him when his channel had 20k. Now he has 300k and verified. (Great!!!!)

I hope this will be my safe space for robots.

Reassuring to hear Emo’s hardware is reliable.

Great to hear you are going to give Moxie a try🙂

I think Moxie is great value for money especially at the current special and refurbished prices. The feature I like most about Moxie is just how it will sit there with you and that I can have a seamless conversation with Moxie, it can understand you almost perfectly.

I had a really bad cold and was speaking very nasally and Moxie had no trouble understanding me. Definitely the most personable and companion oriented of my robots. The depth of emotional expression Moxie can convey really takes it to a whole new level.

The plug/adapter looks quite sturdy, I don’t think it will break. You are lucky you can rent one, let me know how you find Moxie, I’m interested to hear the opinions of it from other people who own companion robots.

Moxie’s hardware is quite sturdy and the plastic is soft touch and looks difficult to scratch or mark, although Loona left a few marks when I placed Moxie on the ground for a YouTube short, definitely won’t be doing that again.

I’m sure you will enjoy your time with Moxie. It’s not as well rounded as the pet like companion robots most people own but I think if you are interested in cutting edge robots and technology in general you will be fascinated by Moxie.

If it’s ok to ask would you be able to let me know the current version of software your Moxie is running? Mine performed an update once I connected it to Wifi for the first time but because mine is second hand and the owner hasn’t contacted Embodied to transfer ownership to me mine is unable to synch with the app on my phone so I can’t see what software version it is running.

However I asked it what version of SocialX it was running and it said 20 or 2.0. Just wanted to check if what Moxie told me was accurate. I tried joining the Moxie group on Facebook but Facebook automatically stopped my account from joining citing my lack of a face on my profile picture or another reason was because my Facebook profile was less than a year old.