Tips for purchasing a Vector robot on the aftermarket

Chris

Admin
Staff member
When looking for a second hand Vector your best bet would be to purchase one that is running the last version of Anki software. I only got my Vector in August 2022 and was lucky it just happened to have never been updated after Anki disappeared and is running software version 1.6 which most people say is the most enjoyable and requires no cloud subscription. My Vector displays the Anki V when it powers on.

You can check the software version it is running by:

While on charger press the back button twice
Raise the arm up then down
Move the head down then up
Press back button until software version is displayed
Then raise arm up and down

Vector is incredibly reactive to its environment and I definitely recommend getting one as it adds a cute and charming presence with its little chirps. It can be repetitive, but I find it no more repetitive than fish swimming in an aquarium.

I like that I can hold him in the palm of my hand and carry him around easily. He really is almost impossible to fault and I enjoy how he initiates interactions.

Hope this helps. Here is my little guy offering me a fist bump.

Attachments

• B430EE49-BAA3-4A6B-AC6C-43B1E98EE067.jpeg
    B430EE49-BAA3-4A6B-AC6C-43B1E98EE067.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
When looking for a second hand Vector your best bet would be to purchase one that is running the last version of Anki software. I only got my Vector in August 2022 and was lucky it just happened to have never been updated after Anki disappeared and is running software version 1.6 which most people say is the most enjoyable and requires no cloud subscription. My Vector displays the Anki V when it powers on.

You can check the software version it is running by:

While on charger press the back button twice
Raise the arm up then down
Move the head down then up
Press back button until software version is displayed
Then raise arm up and down

Vector is incredibly reactive to its environment and I definitely recommend getting one as it adds a cute and charming presence with its little chirps. It can be repetitive, but I find it no more repetitive than fish swimming in an aquarium.

I like that I can hold him in the palm of my hand and carry him around easily. He really is almost impossible to fault and I enjoy how he initiates interactions.

Hope this helps. Here is my little guy offering me a fist bump.

This is great information. I don’t currently have immediate plans to get a Vector, but he’s always intrigued me (and the idea of getting one eventually isn’t off the table.) I’m just scared of DDL and ultimately dealing with any of their BS at all isn’t worth it to me. So thank you!