Tesla Austin layoffs make Elon look out of touch

Chris

Admin
Staff member
I work blue collar and can tell you I’d be very disappointed if I found out about my termination of employment without any prior notice like these Tesla employees just did.

Not cool to lay off employees during one of the worst periods of inflation and to do so via email. People who don’t work blue collar just don’t understand the stresses a physically demanding job takes on your body and that working such jobs really requires a level of loyalty to the company you don’t get with white collar jobs.

So to hear Tesla discarded these employees without any prior notice really rubs me the wrong way. I don’t care if they get severance they no longer have job security. So unethical to terminate hard working passionate employees only to then hire more staff at a future point in time. This really puts me off Tesla. Not cool Elon.

You are supposed to be a US company, at least show loyalty to your US employees.

We workers are expected to show loyalty to a company and yet get absolutely no reciprocation of that loyalty in return.

Elon just incorporated Tesla in Texas, why on earth do this to Austin workers now? This is the worlds richest man with some of the highest selling and profitable products and he is giving us a speel about doing this for cost reductions?

How about trying to stand out from the pack by caring about your employees more than the bottom line. But this is why Elon is a “success” because money management will always come before everything else.

Maybe I could stomach these layoffs in a normal climate, but this move seems completely contradictory to when Musk starts talking politics on X. If you think undocumented immigration is a problem why fire 10% of your majority blue collar workforce who then have to go compete in a much tougher unskilled job market because of all that immigration.