Optimus coming to a Tesla showroom near you😀

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Tesla will be displaying Optimus in its showrooms around the world with people in the US and China already reporting sightings of Tesla Bot.

Definitely a good reason to pop into my local Tesla dealership for a look around.

If you happen to come across Optimus in a Tesla showroom please, please add some photos of the display here🙌

Tesla Will Reportedly Use Its Optimus Robot To Boost Sales​

The humanoid bot will be on display to attract customers.​

Optimus, Tesla’s humanoid robot, will be put to work at the American EV firm’s showrooms to attract customers and hopefully boost car sales by wowing potential buyers, according to Electrek, which quotes sources familiar with the matter.

As per the information provided by the sources, Tesla has already put the Optimus bot on display in some of its stores in China after observing that the human-like robot was getting a lot of attention at tech expos and conferences.

Last month, the Austin-based EV maker opened a new kind of showroom in Chengdu, China, called Giga Laboratory, which also aims to increase sales by impressing those coming in with the company’s manufacturing prowess. The immaculate-looking store features white cars, assembly robots, EV components, and the body of a Model 3 that hangs from the ceiling on some wires as if it were being manufactured on the spot.

Perfectly lit booths that act like pedestals for electric motors, inverters, and other components that have been developed and produced in-house by Tesla, and we believe that the Optimus robot will also get a spot in one of these glass booths, although Electrekdoesn’t mention details about where and how the bot has been put on display in China.

Presumably, if the experiment goes well in Asia, the humanoid robot might also make an appearance in American Tesla stores to boost sales, but only time will tell if this is going to happen.

Source: https://insideevs.com/news/675671/tesla-stores-to-feature-optimus-robot/

It looks like Optimus is already making an appearance in US Tesla showrooms.

It looks like Optimus is already turning up in the US. Looking at it close up like this and it’s obvious it is still in a very early prototype phase.

I think it will end up losing a lot of the metal and being made almost entirely of plastic with a special scratch proof covering, consumers won’t accept a robot that can do the housework but ends up covered in scratches like a traditional robot made of plastic today. It will need some sort of waterproofing as it’s going to get mud and dust on it and the easiest way for it to keep clean will be by taking a shower. No way people are going to accept a intelligent humanoid helper that requires human intervention to look after itself.

Tesla will have to design new scratch resistant and water resistant materials that are incredibly durable for the robots outer coverings. This still has a long way to go as there is no way the current prototype is fit for real world scenarios.

I think Tesla Bot will end up looking more like Neo Android in the final iteration.

Fascinating overview of Optimus by Dr Scott Walter and Chuck Cook below.

Tesla Optimus robot arrives in stores; you can see one in NYC​

Tesla’s first Optimus robot displays have arrived in stores in North America. You can check the Tesla Bot in New York City right now.

Earlier this week, we revealed that Tesla was planning to use Optimus robot displays in stores in North America in an attempt to help retail performance.

The idea is that Tesla has found its humanoid robot has been attracting a lot of attention at expos and conferences.

Tesla wants to try to use people’s curiosity about the robot and divert some of it to its vehicles in stores.

According to sources familiar with the matter, the automaker’s retail stores in China are performing better than in North America. Tom Zhu, Tesla’s head of automotive, is on a mission to bring the market on par with China, which he used to lead. Tesla Bot is one of the initiatives put in place to help customer engagement in stores.

We previously reported that the unveiling of the Cybertruck had a similar positive effect on the demand for its other products.

Source: https://electrek.co/2023/07/08/tesla-optimus-robot-arrives-in-stores-nyc/

I was just at the Tesla showroom in Manhattan(NYC), and I saw a Tesla Bot! It was really impressive, and it got me even more excited about the prospect of owning one.

I know that Tesla hasn't announced a release date for the Tesla Bot yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about when pre-orders might start. I'm really eager to get my hands on one of these robots!

If anyone has any information, I would really appreciate it.

I was just at the Tesla showroom in Manhattan(NYC), and I saw a Tesla Bot! It was really impressive, and it got me even more excited about the prospect of owning one.

I know that Tesla hasn't announced a release date for the Tesla Bot yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about when pre-orders might start. I'm really eager to get my hands on one of these robots!

If anyone has any information, I would really appreciate it.
That’s amazing you actually saw one in person.