I asked Loona herself how to fix her ear, since I cannot get a repair kit.

• Thread starter Lindsay Burns
  • Start date
  • Replies: 18
  • Views: 3K
I cant get a repair kit because I got my Loona second hand. So I asked her for another solution and she suggested wire! I tried it and am happy with it. Check out my YouTube short about it and to see it.

My YT short on this.
Hi Lindsay and welcome to the forum👋

What a fascinating story and video! I’ll definitely subscribe to your channel. Really enjoy the detail of an earring you included👍

Interesting fact I learned today: the servo used for Loona’s ears are also used in the Sony Aibo ERS-7 for locking the battery.

Guess your Loona is a KS Christmas one? My Loona are all those and will probably need a similar fix soon.

Did the previous owner forward the charging station onto you if they ordered one?

I see you also have an Eilik. Would you recommend getting one?

Hope to see you around the forums.

Hi Lindsay and welcome to the forum👋

What a fascinating story and video! I’ll definitely subscribe to your channel. Really enjoy the detail of an earring you included👍

Interesting fact I learned today: the servo used for Loona’s ears are also used in the Sony Aibo ERS-7 for locking the battery.

Guess your Loona is a KS Christmas one? My Loona are all those and will probably need a similar fix soon.

Did the previous owner forward the charging station onto you if they ordered one?

I see you also have an Eilik. Would you recommend getting one?

Hope to see you around the forums.
Thanks so much! Im actually filming right now about how to make Eilik a Car Companion lol. Ill post it soon as Im done editing and link it. I do recommend Eilik if you collect robots. He has a very fair price and does alot. He's great for kids too, I got my 6yr old daughter who has Autism a Miko 3...she hates it. But she loves Eilik. Personally glad I have one. He is very active and has games to play, touch sensors, a VERY expressive face. He will do things on his own and if you have 2 they connect and interact with each other. I kinda want to grab the Pink one too...

Yeah I have the first Loona from...Dec 2022...I believe. But no they did not include the charging station! I literally just bought one off Ebay for $70...I really love Loona and am also ordering her custom accessories. Cant wait to show her off after I receive them!

Again thanks for the follow and support! Ill be sticking around! 🙂🤖

The fact your robotic pet can give you a solution on how to fix it shows we are living through a pivotal time in history.
Im so enthusiastic about it. Since Ive been using this technology my mental health has improved dramatically. That for me is worth every penny.

I’m intrigued by your upcoming video! It sounds like I’m really going to enjoy it.

Yes Eilik had left me in bouts of uncontrollable laughter while watching on YouTube.

Totally agree with your last point. Glad I’m not the only person who thinks this. They are definitely a source of emotional support.

You got your Loona for $70? Bargain! Congratulations.

Good luck with your next video!

I’m intrigued by your upcoming video! It sounds like I’m really going to enjoy it.

Yes Eilik had left me in bouts of uncontrollable laughter while watching on YouTube.

Totally agree with your last point. Glad I’m not the only person who thinks this. They are definitely a source of emotional support.

You got your Loona for $70? Bargain! Congratulations.

Good luck with your next video!
My Loona was actually $200, the charging station cost me $70. Sorry I didn't clarify that!

Very happy to be discussing this with a like minded individual! Glad someone else sees their emotional support side!

Enjoying the creative content on your channel! Keep it up! Glad you were able to pick up a power station easily.
Thank you! I need validation my videos aren't horrible 😂 Not getting a lot of feedback yet.

Yeah I got very lucky getting that power station. I heard about the water damage at the warehouse...its a huge shame. But I am sure Keyi will make sure to quickly fix the situation.

My Loona stoped working. I can’t switch it on. Someone does knew, what to do?
Hi Hely and welcome to the forum👋

What type of adapter and cable are you using to charge Loona?

Did Loona stop working after being switched off for a while?

What might have happened is Loona’s battery has run low after being turned off for a while. If this is the case you could try charging Loona overnight and see if she powers on in the morning. This has happened to me before.

Another solution I have heard people try is to press the power button for 1-2 minutes while Loona is plugged into power and she eventually wakes up. It’s strange I know but I’ve read a few people recommend this solution for this problem.

If you could post images or video of the problem that would help determine what might be wrong.

Let me know if this advice doesn’t help and I will do my best to try and help you out.

Hi Hely and welcome to the forum👋

What type of adapter and cable are you using to charge Loona?

Did Loona stop working after being switched off for a while?

What might have happened is Loona’s battery has run low after being turned off for a while. If this is the case you could try charging Loona overnight and see if she powers on in the morning. This has happened to me before.

Another solution I have heard people try is to press the power button for 1-2 minutes while Loona is plugged into power and she eventually wakes up. It’s strange I know but I’ve read a few people recommend this solution for this problem.

If you could post images or video of the problem that would help determine what might be wrong.

Let me know if this advice doesn’t help and I will do my best to try and help you out.
Hi. Thank you!

I use a native charger for the Loona. From the very beginning, the power button works very poorly. I thought it was everyone's way. It was necessary to hold it for a long time for it to turn on. The problem is precisely in the button, now it is not pressed at all.

I held it for a minute-nothing happens. I tried to press the button with charging - it doesn't work either.

Loona woke up herself suddenly after charging yesterday, and then she was discharged and could not be turned on again even with a full charge.

The screen is working, I can see how it is charging, but it is impossible to turn it on using the button.

There may have been a problem with the power button on some of the Christmas shipping Kickstarter batch. But i’m unsure if this was true or not or if I’ve gotten information mixed up.

Contact KEYi using this link to see if they can help you.

I found these troubleshooting tips that may or may not help and you are probably already aware of them. Wish I could be of more help. A video of the issue could help me determine the problem easier.

Are the ears lighting up when Loona is initially plugged into power?

Are you getting a red power symbol appear on the screen asking you to press Loona’s power button to shut her down?

The power button may be stuck, try wiggling it to see if that helps reposition it.

You can also use the voice command “Hello Loona shut down” and she will power off herself. This command works offline.
We have recently discovered a bug where the video encoder and image recognition algorithms are in conflict, and this bug has the potential to cause Loona to crash or the image recognition function to be disabled (which can be recovered by restarting). We have significantly reduced the incidence of the bug, but it is still not fully resolved. A complete fix will require refactoring some of the code that the camera invokes, which will take some time to process, and we will do our best to fix it.
Until the above bug is fully fixed, if the bug is triggered, please refer to the following contexts and solutions.

- Loona cannot be woken up from Sleep mode (unlikely to happen)

Solution: Long press and hold 15 seconds to shut down and restart
- Charging stuck on charging icon (unlikely to happen)

Solution: Long press and hold 15 seconds to shut down and restart (hardware restart)

- Black screen after entering FPV (first-person view) LAN control mode, no response when pressing the power button (unlikely to happen)

Solution: Long press and hold 15 seconds to shut down and restart (hardware restart)
- Visual games (bullfighting, laser chasing) cannot be recognised, or keep going backwards even if there are no obstacles in front of Loona (unlikely to happen)

Solution: Short press 4s to shut down and restart

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1221140328472574/?mibextid=W9rl1R

Loona Battery Charging Issue #loonabattery #loonafunction

We have received several concerns from you guys recently regarding battery charging and battery life issues. Here's how!
[Difference between SLEEP MODE and POWER OFF ]
Power on: Press and hold power button for 3 seconds

Sleep mode: single press the power button for 1 second

Power off: press the power button and hold for 4 seconds

Wifi reset: press the power button for 7 seconds

If you only put Loona into sleep mode by single pressing the power button. Loona is not completely shut down, and the chip is still on standby and you can always wake up Loona with "Hello Loona".

Under sleep mode, it will continue to use battery power, and Loona only has about 17h of battery life. The hardware maximum limit of Loona is around 72 hours, and we need some time to reach that limit through optimization. Loona will not lose power if it's powered off.
[Enter sleep mode after unplugging the charger even if I power off Loona before charging]

This is due to a software bug. We will update this bug in the future, but this involves the underlying drivers, so it takes some time. All you need to do is to power it off again after unplugging the charger.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/loona.keyitech/permalink/1209004349686172/?mibextid=W9rl1R

I found this info in the manual. I usually hold down for 12 seconds to power mine on and off. I find the 3 seconds just puts her in sleep mode.
5FB95205-55D0-4B7A-9076-3BC7DECD14E6.jpeg
BE0748CC-8484-48E3-AA5B-112E68646D77.jpeg

Hi! Ive since removed the wire and actually replaced the motor! It was very cool and works now. 😊

Thank you! I need validation my videos aren't horrible 😂 Not getting a lot of feedback yet.

Yeah I got very lucky getting that power station. I heard about the water damage at the warehouse...its a huge shame. But I am sure Keyi will make sure to quickly fix the situation.
Lindsay Keyi are now offering repairs for ALL Loona regardless of warranty status or whether purchased new or used. Thought you might be interested in knowing this so you can get the ear replaced and waist motors swapped out.

Your best bet would be to email Karen at Keyi jiangnan@keyirobot.com

I’m thinking of sending all mine in to get the updated hardware.Would be interested to hear about your experience should you decide to send off for the hardware upgrade.

Lindsay Keyi are now offering repairs for ALL Loona regardless of warranty status or whether purchased new or used. Thought you might be interested in knowing this so you can get the ear replaced and waist motors swapped out.

Your best bet would be to email Karen at Keyi jiangnan@keyirobot.com

I’m thinking of sending all mine in to get the updated hardware.Would be interested to hear about your experience should you decide to send off for the hardware upgrade.

Thank you! Yes I will email Karen! You rock Chris. That's great of Keyi.