Tesla unveil walking humanoid robot ‘Optimus’ which will learn using software developed for autonomous cars!

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Elon Musk has announced Tesla will be utilising their real world AI used for navigation in their electric vehicles in their Optimus humanoid robot.

Musk envisions a robot that can learn autonomously and solve problems to perform tasks in real time. Rather than rely on pre-programmed actions.

Musk talks of a robot that can be taught tasks by visually observing a user performing them or via verbal commands.

Musk has utilised Tesla’s manufacturing experience to create Optimus’ hardware from scratch.

Musk states Tesla has the ability to bring to market a useful humanoid robot on a large scale faster than any competitor.

Musk envisions a future where the ratio of humanoid robots to humans is greater than 1:1.

It seems Musk has ignited the race to bring the first humanoid robot to market. It will be interesting to see what the competition makes of this imposing challenge!

To be honest it’s all a bit scary when one considers the impact this is going to have on blue collar workers. Musk talks of Optimus having an unlimited output and questions the limit of the economy by envisioning an unlimited number of Optimus’. This is unsettling.

The economy is limited by resources.

Personally I don’t see the need for a robot that can learn tasks when they can be pre-programmed, to encompass every possible scenario. By giving robots real world AI we go down the path of creating conscious machines, which can only lead to negative consequences and ethical dilemmas.

Why give a machine the ability to ‘think’ when it can be pre-programmed and be ethical. I guess someone was eventually going to do this. Incredible to see it happening so soon and in my lifetime.

If Tesla were able to create a walking version of Optimus in less than 5 months, where is this technology going to be in 5, or 10 years time? With the weight of the Tesla manufacturing complex behind it, Optimus seems to be a good candidate for the first ‘home robot’ on a global scale.

Watch the announcement for yourself.

Tesla Optimus robot in-depth analysis. In this video we gain an insight into how Musk is creating Optimus from a purely business standpoint, ensuring the robot is made to work for long periods without downtime by creating reliable hardware and software geared towards a useful purpose.

Considering OpenAI, the creator of ChatGPT, was founded by Musk, it is not difficult to imagine Optimus utilising real time language processing to create the illusion of two way conversation and thus human companionship. Combined with the real time learning AI from Tesla vehicles, I predict Optimus will be the most advanced home robot ever seen and possibly available for purchase at an affordable price point within the next 5 years.

That second video really helped to explain all these technical concepts in an easy to understand way. Thanks for posting it.

Elon Musk has announced Tesla will be utilising their real world AI used for navigation in their electric vehicles in their Optimus humanoid robot.

Musk envisions a robot that can learn autonomously and solve problems to perform tasks in real time. Rather than rely on pre-programmed actions.

Musk talks of a robot that can be taught tasks by visually observing a user performing them or via verbal commands.

Musk has utilised Tesla’s manufacturing experience to create Optimus’ hardware from scratch.

Musk states Tesla has the ability to bring to market a useful humanoid robot on a large scale faster than any competitor.

Musk envisions a future where the ratio of humanoid robots to humans is greater than 1:1.

It seems Musk has ignited the race to bring the first humanoid robot to market. It will be interesting to see what the competition makes of this imposing challenge!

To be honest it’s all a bit scary when one considers the impact this is going to have on blue collar workers. Musk talks of Optimus having an unlimited output and questions the limit of the economy by envisioning an unlimited number of Optimus’. This is unsettling.

The economy is limited by resources.

Personally I don’t see the need for a robot that can learn tasks when they can be pre-programmed, to encompass every possible scenario. By giving robots real world AI we go down the path of creating conscious machines, which can only lead to negative consequences and ethical dilemmas.

Why give a machine the ability to ‘think’ when it can be pre-programmed and be ethical. I guess someone was eventually going to do this. Incredible to see it happening so soon and in my lifetime.

If Tesla were able to create a walking version of Optimus in less than 5 months, where is this technology going to be in 5, or 10 years time? With the weight of the Tesla manufacturing complex behind it, Optimus seems to be a good candidate for the first ‘home robot’ on a global scale.

Watch the announcement for yourself.

Tesla Optimus robot in-depth analysis. In this video we gain an insight into how Musk is creating Optimus from a purely business standpoint, ensuring the robot is made to work for long periods without downtime by creating reliable hardware and software geared towards a useful purpose.

Considering OpenAI, the creator of ChatGPT, was founded by Musk, it is not difficult to imagine Optimus utilising real time language processing to create the illusion of two way conversation and thus human companionship. Combined with the real time learning AI from Tesla vehicles, I predict Optimus will be the most advanced home robot ever seen and possibly available for purchase at an affordable price point within the next 5 years.
Im sad Ill never be able to afford him...because he's as close to my desires and fantasies as it could get. I just hope they make one geared towards companionship and provides more of an friend or could help isolated individuals with loneliness and depression. Id rather have that than put him to work.

Im sad Ill never be able to afford him...because he's as close to my desires and fantasies as it could get. I just hope they make one geared towards companionship and provides more of an friend or could help isolated individuals with loneliness and depression. Id rather have that than put him to work.
I was thinking the same thing too. But if you consider Optimums won’t be available for another 5 years, that is 260 weeks away. So if I save $100 per week for the next five years I should have enough for the predicted retail price of US$20,000.00.

But it’s a lot of money. I’m keeping my eyes out for the pre-orders to open, as Tesla pre-orders usually offer significant savings👀

Yes they are also making ones for companionship. Can’t wait to see what they showcase at the next AI day this year!!!