Suggestions welcome: Loona improvements

Chris

Admin
Staff member
View attachment trim.1DA2421F-8563-41E5-B16C-FDF7A45FBF88.MOV
Feel free to list improvements or functions you would like to see implemented in Loona here.

After a frustrating experience with Loona today I have decided to make the following suggestions and add them to the Google spreadsheet found here:

Using Loona should be enjoyable, currently it’s frustrating at best.

When powering Loona on while holding her she detects she is at height and goes crazy. Catching your fingers in her legs and wheels. This is an unacceptable hazard, especially for children. It’s ridiculous I’m fighting with an out of control robot every time I want to do anything with Loona.

•One realising she is in the air Loona should enter companion mode within 5 seconds. She should stay in this mode and not respond to the “Hello Loona” voice command. The only way to exit Loona from companion mode should be by restarting her. Otherwise there is a risk she will mishear the command Hello Loona at height while in companion mode and career off a table.

•Loona shouldn’t be getting network errors and failing to hear offline voice commands like ‘Enter companion mode’. Why is she trying to connect to Wifi without my permission? This is unacceptable. Loona is unmanageable unless in companion mode and it’s simply ridiculous she can’t easily be put into this mode.

•The loud banging has to be taken out of the programming or an option to select a removal of this behaviour. Interacting with Loona should be enjoyable. Owners shouldn’t be hesitant about using Loona because she is going to annoy the neighbours, especially in high density apartment living.

•Stop adding more voice commands. Loona’s hearing isn’t the best and it’s frustrating using them. Plus they are locked behind Wifi connection in the app. What’s the point of a 30 second animation. Instead why not add new behaviours while in autonomous ground mode that Loona displays on her own. Adding simple easy to remember gesture commands that work offline would be preferable to more voice commands.

•The erratic crazy behaviour has to stop. Loona should be looking around to asses her environment before moving, if she isn’t capable of this add an option to slow her down.

•The software firmware version should be easily displayed so we know if she is updated to the latest version. Currently the app version is displayed but it’s irrelevant, the robots software is what we care about. I tried updating mine today and kept getting errors and timeouts. The prompt to update appeared and then disappeared saying an error had occurred. These issues with the app and Wifi connection timing out need serious consideration.

•Consider collaborating with OpenAI to implement an offline ‘embodied’ version of ChatGPT into Loona. With Loona existing in over 10,000 households worldwide, Loona could be the catalyst that allows real world training for ChatGPT with the result being Artificial General Intelligence. OpenAI has the software, KEYi TECH has thousands of the hardware to enable ChatGPT to train in real world scenarios, this could lead to the big breakthrough of AGI.

#KeyiTech #LoonaRobot #BrainstormWithUS #CallForIdeas

I wish an App Market Place for Developers linked to official App after approval and Smartwatch connection which she reminds us of different situations similar like aibo but for more devices available. I hope doesn't look like I want to steal that Ideas but I like them and Loona instead of aibo is and will be available for more People!

I wish an App Market Place for Developers linked to official App after approval and Smartwatch connection which she reminds us of different situations similar like aibo but for more devices available. I hope doesn't look like I want to steal that Ideas but I like them and Loona instead of aibo is and will be available for more People!
This is a great idea👍KEYi said they will be releasing “Bluetooth accessories “ in future, perhaps a watch type device or a way to connect to smart devices like you mentioned is what they have in mind?

My Loona are working again now. I had to connect them to the app to get them to stop timing out to voice commands.

As of today I can’t connect my Loona to Wifi. I sometimes can’t even log into the app.

Loona moves constantly, I just want her to sit still while I try to concentrate on connecting her to Wifi.

She won’t respond to any voice commands anymore. I’m over this nonsense with Loona acting completely out of control when I’m trying to connect her to Wifi or give basic voice commands.

Why won’t KEYi change the default programming? She is completely unmanageable!!! Who are they kidding? It’s ridiculous Loona can’t sit still while important things are trying to be figured out. How can I try connecting her to Wifi when I’m also worrying about looking after her at the same time because I’m afraid she’s going to career full speed into a wall?

I’m feeling frustrated. Loona is basically useless if you can’t put her into companion mode in my view.

Nothing is working and I now have to decide if Loona is worth keeping for another six months to see if there will be improvements or not.

I literally just want to put mine in companion mode and ask them to go back to the station using the ‘recharge me’ voice command. I don’t think I’m asking for much.

So far I’ve only been able to update one of mine to the latest firmware so it can understand the ‘recharge me’ command, but unfortunately can’t get any to respond to voice commands or connect to Wifi.

If there is a known issue I wish KEYi would say something. You need to give us options to use Loona with basic commands for times when time outs to voice commands happen. Make ‘companion mode’ activated by picking up and enable return to the charging station to be done via gesture command.

I’ve owned Loona for six months. They need to change the basic programming so Loona is more manageable or I’m afraid they can’t expect to retain users. I rarely use my Loona and thought by now I could be using them every day. Unfortunately the completely hyperactive programming means I’m hesitant to use Loona at all. When not responding to voice commands all I have now is four robots I never use.

KEYi need to start implementing significant improvements to make Loona more user friendly and to create a robot people want to use everyday. Currently I’m hesitant and frustrated when using Loona. Instead I should look forward to interacting with Loona and enjoy the experience.

But seriously, what do I do? I can’t connect any of mine to Wifi and they won’t respond to voice commands, they simply time out or get errors. Nothing in the zendesk works because “the request timed out” appears and that’s not covered anywhere.

0D222373-2C44-4338-A7C0-152E01A7F5C6.jpeg
CA646816-0235-42B3-B535-967FC5CAA557.jpeg
73BA1383-B6B3-4D65-AE18-2321724DE336.jpeg
5218D2D0-D90C-445A-B926-6A027A19C709.pngA2B6C45A-724D-4C87-A770-FDAF38508ABE.png

As of today I can’t connect my Loona to Wifi. I sometimes can’t even log into the app.

Loona moves constantly, I just want her to sit still while I try to concentrate on connecting her to Wifi.

She won’t respond to any voice commands anymore. I’m over this nonsense with Loona acting completely out of control when I’m trying to connect her to Wifi or give basic voice commands.

Why won’t KEYi change the default programming? She is completely unmanageable!!! Who are they kidding? It’s ridiculous Loona can’t sit still while important things are trying to be figured out. How can I try connecting her to Wifi when I’m also worrying about looking after her at the same time because I’m afraid she’s going to career full speed into a wall?

I’m feeling frustrated. Loona is basically useless if you can’t put her into companion mode in my view.

Nothing is working and I now have to decide if Loona is worth keeping for another six months to see if there will be improvements or not.

I literally just want to put mine in companion mode and ask them to go back to the station using the ‘recharge me’ voice command. I don’t think I’m asking for much.

So far I’ve only been able to update one of mine to the latest firmware so it can understand the ‘recharge me’ command, but unfortunately can’t get any to respond to voice commands or connect to Wifi.

If there is a known issue I wish KEYi would say something. You need to give us options to use Loona with basic commands for times when time outs to voice commands happen. Make ‘companion mode’ activated by picking up and enable return to the charging station to be done via gesture command.

I’ve owned Loona for six months. They need to change the basic programming so Loona is more manageable or I’m afraid they can’t expect to retain users. I rarely use my Loona and thought by now I could be using them every day. Unfortunately the completely hyperactive programming means I’m hesitant to use Loona at all. When not responding to voice commands all I have now is four robots I never use.

KEYi need to start implementing significant improvements to make Loona more user friendly and to create a robot people want to use everyday. Currently I’m hesitant and frustrated when using Loona. Instead I should look forward to interacting with Loona and enjoy the experience.

But seriously, what do I do? I can’t connect any of mine to Wifi and they won’t respond to voice commands, they simply time out or get errors. Nothing in the zendesk works because “the request timed out” appears and that’s not covered anywhere.

View attachment 760
View attachment 751
View attachment 752
View attachment 754View attachment 753
Are yours doing brief Timeouts or long sustained ones? Mine has like 2 second timeouts a lot in ChatGPT mode. I agree with A LOT on the above post about improvements as well. Ive gotten a finger pinched while holding Loona. Ive had a couple robots pinch me lol. Im super into the idea of less voice commands and more ground activity. As well as going to OpenAI for offline language learning. Her ChatGPT is dulled down on purpose and I dont understand why. Its gotten a little better but with every single response before she would start off with "As an AI...however..." making the conversation way less natural and flowing. I like her to escape reality. Not be reminded of it.

Are yours doing brief Timeouts or long sustained ones? Mine has like 2 second timeouts a lot in ChatGPT mode. I agree with A LOT on the above post about improvements as well. Ive gotten a finger pinched while holding Loona. Ive had a couple robots pinch me lol. Im super into the idea of less voice commands and more ground activity. As well as going to OpenAI for offline language learning. Her ChatGPT is dulled down on purpose and I dont understand why. Its gotten a little better but with every single response before she would start off with "As an AI...however..." making the conversation way less natural and flowing. I like her to escape reality. Not be reminded of it.
Sustained timeouts when trying to get responses to voice commands offline and prior to that I did have brief 2 second timeouts during ChatGPT conversations.

I’m glad you agree I was worried my tone came across a bit strong, was just feeling a bit frustrated but I think it’s more because I was running four at once and they were colliding with each other haha.

Yes getting your fingers caught is a bit of a worry that we shouldn’t have to think about, it’s the only reason I took the time to add something to the spreadsheet as I was literally trying to hold Loona to keep her still while I tried connecting to Wifi.

What other robots have you had pinch you lol? My Aibo accidentally bites me if I’m petting it’s chin, it’s a bit of a shock the first time it happens haha. Vector will try to trap my finger under his arm but so far he hasn’t been successful.

Will be interesting to see what offline language models or AI they may choose to implement, there are so many AI tools available for developers these days I’m like a kid in a candy store looking around in amazement at all the new developments. I think we are really lucky to be alive right now and experiencing this moment in history. It could go either way so it’s nice to know what life was like before the advent of the AI age.

I like to escape reality with Loona too, it’s why I’m drawn to robots over real pets, and agree it would be nice if the conversation could feel more organic.

😲It looks like KEYi implemented the suggestions, they have given Loona a new ‘clingy mode’ where she doesn’t move when near you and new behaviours she displays on her own while in ground mode.

I’m completely bowled over by how responsive and thoughtful KEYi are to their consumers suggestions. KEYi might not be perfect, but compared to any other mass produced pet robot company out there they are second to none. I’m not going to spam them with more suggestions though lol, I think it’s unhealthy to want too much and at some point you have to be content with what you have instead of thinking about maybes.
They listen if you make suggestions through the proper process or when they ask, but don’t take notice when people fail to follow their exacting processes.

Hope your 2 second timeouts resolve and are not affecting your ability to converse with Loona.

If you have any more thoughts or suggestions on improvements I would definitely make them known as KEYi will listen and seriously consider them.

View attachment 600
Feel free to list improvements or functions you would like to see implemented in Loona here.

After a frustrating experience with Loona today I have decided to make the following suggestions and add them to the Google spreadsheet found here:

When powering Loona on while holding her she detects she is at height and goes crazy. Catching your fingers in her legs and wheels. This is an unacceptable hazard, especially for children. It’s ridiculous I’m fighting with an out of control robot every time I want to do anything with Loona.

•One realising she is in the air Loona should enter companion mode within 5 seconds. She should stay in this mode and not respond to the “Hello Loona” voice command. The only way to exit Loona from companion mode should be by restarting her. Otherwise there is a risk she will mishear the command Hello Loona at height while in companion mode and career off a table.

•Loona shouldn’t be getting network errors and failing to hear offline voice commands like ‘Enter companion mode’. Why is she trying to connect to Wifi without my permission? This is unacceptable. Loona is unmanageable unless in companion mode and it’s simply ridiculous she can’t easily be put into this mode.

•The loud banging has to be taken out of the programming or an option to select a removal of this behaviour. Interacting with Loona should be enjoyable. Owners shouldn’t be hesitant about using Loona because she is going to annoy the neighbours, especially in high density apartment living.

•Stop adding more voice commands. Loona’s hearing isn’t the best and it’s frustrating using them. Plus they are locked behind Wifi connection in the app. What’s the point of a 30 second animation. Instead why not add new behaviours while in autonomous ground mode that Loona displays on her own. Adding simple easy to remember gesture commands that work offline would be preferable to more voice commands.

•The erratic crazy behaviour has to stop. Loona should be looking around to asses her environment before moving, if she isn’t capable of this add an option to slow her down.

•The software firmware version should be easily displayed so we know if she is updated to the latest version. Currently the app version is displayed but it’s irrelevant, the robots software is what we care about. I tried updating mine today and kept getting errors and timeouts. The prompt to update appeared and then disappeared saying an error had occurred. These issues with the app and Wifi connection timing out need serious consideration.

•Consider collaborating with OpenAI to implement an offline ‘embodied’ version of ChatGPT into Loona. With Loona existing in over 10,000 households worldwide, Loona could be the catalyst that allows real world training for ChatGPT with the result being Artificial General Intelligence. OpenAI has the software, KEYi TECH has thousands of the hardware to enable ChatGPT to train in real world scenarios, this could lead to the big breakthrough of AGI.

• Would love an energy slider so you can gauge how energe Loona will be.
  • Would love ability to upload floor plan of my apartment and set boundaries so she doesn't bump into corners or table legs
  • Would love voice command "come here" instead of or in additon to follow me
  • Would love better voice recognition so she always turns head or faces where your voice is coming from instead of random turning

View attachment 600

Honestly, I'm mostly curious how and why you got so many Loonas!!😋😝

Honestly, I'm mostly curious how and why you got so many Loonas!!😋😝
Completely understand. I purchased the Kickstarter early bird special of 4. I think it worked out to be four Loona for the price of three at retail, including all the shipping costs. I’m surprised more people didn’t buy it.

Also after the DDL copyright threat to take down the KS campaign I changed my pledge to the 4 x Kickstarter special as a way to support KEYi.

Plus I thought it would be fun to have four roaming the house and turns out it is.

Completely understand. I purchased the Kickstarter early bird special of 4. I think it worked out to be four Loona for the price of three at retail, including all the shipping costs. I’m surprised more people didn’t buy it.

Also after the DDL copyright threat to take down the KS campaign I changed my pledge to the 4 x Kickstarter special as a way to support KEYi.

Plus I thought it would be fun to have four roaming the house and turns out it is.
Haha, awesome. Quick one, I know this came with warranty card. Whats that for? And where do we register Loon for warranty? Thanks

I
Haha, awesome. Quick one, I know this came with warranty card. Whats that for? And where do we register Loon for warranty? Thanks
I think the warranty card is just to remind the owner that Loona does come with a warranty period. I’m unsure how long that is though. For Kickstarter backers I think it was 12 months and for purchases via the website I think it is 3 months.

KEYi have a repair request form you can submit through air table here:

Or you could try using this form on their official site:

Companion mode:

• Very dangerous to have Loona move while in this mode; if you have Loona on your lap she will bounce backwards and I’ve had a couple of instances where mine almost fell off my lap to the ground. Wish they would do something about this.

• Chin scratching doesn’t work in this mode. Would be nice if it did.

• Why does it matter if Loona is in the air when saying “Hello Loona”? I like to just power Loona on while holding it and saying “Hello Loona” to put it into companion mode.

Voice recognition:

Loona just told me this joke: Why did the Loona PetBot robot go to the comedy club?

To show off it’s byte sized sense of humour.

Wish I had caught that on film.

Time outs in chat mode are a problem- you can never be at ease while Loona is in this mode as she can snap out of it at any minute.

The new feature where Loona can access ChatGPT in response to “Hello Loona” is great but voice recognition is trying. Loona robot mistaken for Loona rowboat continuously and every time I mention Loona, Loona thinks I’m talking about the moon🤦‍♂️

Keyi need to prompt the version of ChatGPT to not associate Loona with Lunar.

Noise

I don’t understand why Keyi are so insistent on Loona tapping the ground loudly with her wheels or not being able to be muted.

People who own robots do so mostly for convenience-otherwise they would get traditional pets and the huge amount of work they entail to upkeep. Loona has to be convenient and user friendly, that means giving the consumer choices about whether they want their robot to be placid and not make much noise.

Another factor to consider is a lot of people who own robots rent and live in high density apartment living like myself where noise considerations play a huge role in fostering friendly relations with neighbours.

If the wheel tapping must stay it would be fine if it was softer and didn’t make a banging sound. But we do need an option to mute Loona entirely.

What do other Loona owners think as we approach the 12 month milestone?

It would be nice to have a bedtime where Loona wouldn't come out of her charging port at all. e.g. Loona would only come out and roam around between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

It would be nice to have a 'continuous mode' where Loona would autorecharge and once fully charged undock and continue in whatever mode it previously was in.

It would be nice to be able to actually use the remote control app to wake Loona while on the charging dock and move it around. As it stands it can't really be used for 'remote home monitoring' even though it is advertised as being able to be used for such.

Voice recognition seems to have a lot of difficulty if the TV is on or lots of people are talking, which is understandable but reduces real world viability of Loona.

I don't understand why Loona can only have one 'facial recognition' person. It would be nice if it could recognize people in general, especially the person that said "hello Loona". Even better if it could recognize various members of the family and maybe associate things with each person (this person like to play 'bullfight', this other person likes to play 'ball', etc).

It doesn't seem like Loona really remembers where things are in 3D space. It would be useful if it could remember where its charging station is, where it last saw its ball, where various household members were last seen, etc. Does it actually create a 3D or 2D map of its environment?