Sales for Loona

j_santiago

Hi there:

Just curious to know if anyone has any idea of the sales volume (units or $) for Loona or other petbots. I'm just curious to know if sales are going up, down, or the same. I think KEYi TECH has made some significant advances with Loona plus the use of ChatGPT... Loona may be the first intelligent "robot" to live in our homes that we can actually talk to.

Hi👋On the Makuake campaign KEYi mention Loona has been welcomed into over 10,000 homes. So there are at least 10,000 Loona out there!

They made roughly US$4400,000.00 from the Kickstarter, Indiegogo and Makuake campaigns.

Yes Loona seems to be the first conversational pet robot to utilise real time learning AI. As Bill Gates mentioned recently we have entered the AI age. Loona is just the beginning.

I’m unsure how sales are going. It seems the majority of sales were generated from Kickstarter.

Currently KEYi are marketing Loona via content creators on YouTube. I expect as they refine the hardware and software of Loona and get it past the beta stage it might be quite popular, especially if they implement an LLM.

You may find this article about KEYi from a business perspective interesting.

Thanks for the links and your very valuable information. Much appreciated..! Amazing to think already 10,000 loonas have been sold. I remember when I was younger reading "I, Robot" and "The Caves of Steel". It seemed to be too far away in the future to have an actual robot at home, and now it seems we are getting closer and closer. Actually, before there is a deluge of petbots with ChatGPT incorporated in them.....I'd like to give credit to KEYi, they actually were the first ones that I know of to create and successfully sell a real actual AI robot who can have a conversation with you at home.

Hi there:

Just curious to know if anyone has any idea of the sales volume (units or $) for Loona or other petbots. I'm just curious to know if sales are going up, down, or the same. I think KEYi TECH has made some significant advances with Loona plus the use of ChatGPT... Loona may be the first intelligent "robot" to live in our homes that we can actually talk to.
But what about Sony Aibo? thought that had 'ACTUAL AND REAL' AI, as in in can map out your house so it knows where it is AND actually grown in learning, which Loona, unfortunately does not.. yet?

Thanks for the links and your very valuable information. Much appreciated..! Amazing to think already 10,000 loonas have been sold. I remember when I was younger reading "I, Robot" and "The Caves of Steel". It seemed to be too far away in the future to have an actual robot at home, and now it seems we are getting closer and closer. Actually, before there is a deluge of petbots with ChatGPT incorporated in them.....I'd like to give credit to KEYi, they actually were the first ones that I know of to create and successfully sell a real actual AI robot who can have a conversation with you at hoI d

Thanks for the links and your very valuable information. Much appreciated..! Amazing to think already 10,000 loonas have been sold. I remember when I was younger reading "I, Robot" and "The Caves of Steel". It seemed to be too far away in the future to have an actual robot at home, and now it seems we are getting closer and closer. Actually, before there is a deluge of petbots with ChatGPT incorporated in them.....I'd like to give credit to KEYi, they actually were the first ones that I know of to create and successfully sell a real actual AI robot who can have a conversation with you at home.
I always wonder if they are making Loona be seen as the first Intelligent Robot as it's pretty much accessing chat GPT as you would on any device? Lke how it is different? Is it using AI for anything else (mapping your house, learning tone of voice, commands etc? ) that seems to be more like pre programmed/algorithms not actually AI. Does it make sense? Am I incorrect? thanks!

I think j_santiago was meaning intelligent in the sense of engaging in a natural language conversation and how ChatGPT learns in real time and adapts the conversation to the users input.

Yes you are right Loona may not be unique as you can use ChatGPT on any device but I think having a physical robotic body that moves and you feel has a defined presence adds a unique element.

I’m not sure how much Aibo grows from its experiences and although it may be smarter than Loona currently it is extremely slow and doesn’t come across as that intelligent, even if it may be.

Would it be more accurate to say Loona is the first mass produced intelligent robotic pet available at an affordable price point?

You raise valid points. It will be interesting to see what others think👍

I think j_santiago was meaning intelligent in the sense of engaging in a natural language conversation and how ChatGPT learns in real time and adapts the conversation to the users input.

Yes you are right Loona may not be unique as you can use ChatGPT on any device but I think having a physical robotic body that moves and you feel has a defined presence adds a unique element.

I’m not sure how much Aibo grows from its experiences and although it may be smarter than Loona currently it is extremely slow and doesn’t come across as that intelligent, even if it may be.

Would it be more accurate to say Loona is the first mass produced intelligent robotic pet available at an affordable price point?

You raise valid points. It will be interesting to see what others think👍
Great response! And I think that is kind of more accurate to say that in my opinion :)