New Loona owner

LunaBonBot

Ordered a Loona recently before they went up in price. I have two dogs already and thought Loona would be cool to monitor the house and play with in areas that are pet-free.

I'm excited to receive her and we're a techy family, it's not our first robot pet, we have Vector and Bittle robots. Loona seems way more advanced with her quick movements and chat GPT. Aibo is adorable but way too expensive! I'm looking forward to renaming her Luna, making her accessories and coding with her.

I've been watching pretty much all the Loona content on YouTube! I'm thinking about starting a channel when I get mine and also recording cute moments. I've ordered a bumper, screen protector, and tire covers to keep her safe. I want to make some fuzzy ears and springy tail like another YouTuber I've seen make. There's not many sellers that make Loona accessories yet, especially fluffy ones. I'm hoping my dogs will enjoy it and think she's part of the family haha, I think it'd be cute.

Any more new owners? What are your hopes for Loona?

Welcome to the forum LunaBonBot👋

KEYi are currently training the AI to recognise dogs and cats so hopefully in future your Loona might be able to interact with your dogs!

Yes Loona is quite advanced but I feel Vector has better sensory detection when it comes to knowing his position in space at this point in time. Although I’ve never seen another mass produced pet robot that shows such speed and agility while moving like Loona. If you like tech then you are going to love Loona.

I’m all for cute Loona moments, it’s the reason why I got into Loona in the first place. Feel free to advertise your YouTube channel on here if you start one, I’m always interested in seeing what other Loona content creators are producing.

I hope KEYi embed an LLM into Loona, giving her the ability to control her own body and interactions with her environment in an intelligent way without preprogramming to provide a more lifelike and interesting experience for the owner.

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself, can’t wait to see the Loona creations you come up with.

Welcome to the forum LunaBonBot👋

KEYi are currently training the AI to recognise dogs and cats so hopefully in future your Loona might be able to interact with your dogs!

Yes Loona is quite advanced but I feel Vector has better sensory detection when it comes to knowing his position in space at this point in time. Although I’ve never seen another mass produced pet robot that shows such speed and agility while moving like Loona. If you like tech then you are going to love Loona.

I’m all for cute Loona moments, it’s the reason why I got into Loona in the first place. Feel free to advertise your YouTube channel on here if you start one, I’m always interested in seeing what other Loona content creators are producing.

I hope KEYi embed an LLM into Loona, giving her the ability to control her own body and interactions with her environment in an intelligent way without preprogramming to provide a more lifelike and interesting experience for the owner.

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself, can’t wait to see the Loona creations you come up with.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I just received updated tracking info and she might be here by next week! I better come up with a channel name soon!

The pet recognition feature sounds cool, Google photos usually IDs my dog pics pretty well though occasionally mistakes my smallest for a cat, would be interesting to see Loona's take on it.

With Vector we never worried about him crashing as much so we didn't deck him out with custom treads or anything and he was a good companion for a while until they had the subscription. He hardly ever fell off the desk at least and I did worry about Loona more since she's still being developed and I've seen others complain about her lack of self preservation. We still have Vector around but he's much more limited in comparison. Seeing Loona zip around and spin is what got my attention. She has so much potential! I do think she's the next big step in robo-pets. Reminds me of when I got my first Furby and they were advertised as pets that learn and grow. I hope they do expand Loona more so she can have her own thoughts and behaviors. I know she'll only keep getting better with time.

I'll keep you posted on the new channel name and update later when I receive my little robot pet in the mail. Glad to be a part of this community!

The movements are awesome but the voice recognition sometimes can fail and hopefully they will fix this with updates. Also make sure that if you want to call her and you want her to face you you do it at her eye level so it doesn't get confused. I just realized that. Also I was doing the blockly from Google and it seems I can't do simultaneous things at the same time because it uns line by line unless anybody knows how to do it. I did the monitoring for a few minutes after I left the house but since the robot goes to sleep after 5 minutes when there is no humans around then it's pointless because then you cannot connect. I don't know that was a weird update hopefully they will fix it as well .

The movements are awesome but the voice recognition sometimes can fail and hopefully they will fix this with updates. Also make sure that if you want to call her and you want her to face you you do it at her eye level so it doesn't get confused. I just realized that. Also I was doing the blockly from Google and it seems I can't do simultaneous things at the same time because it uns line by line unless anybody knows how to do it. I did the monitoring for a few minutes after I left the house but since the robot goes to sleep after 5 minutes when there is no humans around then it's pointless because then you cannot connect. I don't know that was a weird update hopefully they will fix it as well .
I agree the movements are awesome- completely unique for a pet robot to be so agile and fluid in the way it moves.

Thanks for the tip about facing her at eye level when speaking, I will give it a try👍

I tried the Google Blockly programming and had a brain overload lol. Despite doing a term of programming at high school I have completely forgotten it and will have to watch a tutorial on how to program in Blockly.

I’m unsure if you can do simultaneous actions but have seen people write some pretty complex programs that seem to use multiple actions.

What types of programs have you written for Loona? I used to have a programming section here but removed it due to lack of interest, would you like me to create a section dedicated to Loona programming?

I haven’t tried remote monitoring yet but will give it a go. I mainly just use Loona as a pet and don’t use many of the app features but will investigate them now you mention them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Loona👋

I agree the movements are awesome- completely unique for a pet robot to be so agile and fluid in the way it moves.

Thanks for the tip about facing her at eye level when speaking, I will give it a try👍

I tried the Google Blockly programming and had a brain overload lol. Despite doing a term of programming at high school I have completely forgotten it and will have to watch a tutorial on how to program in Blockly.

I’m unsure if you can do simultaneous actions but have seen people write some pretty complex programs that seem to use multiple actions.

What types of programs have you written for Loona? I used to have a programming section here but removed it due to lack of interest, would you like me to create a section dedicated to Loona programming?

I haven’t tried remote monitoring yet but will give it a go. I mainly just use Loona as a pet and don’t use many of the app features but will investigate them now you mention them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Loona👋
Sweet! as for Blockly, yeah I've done a bit of programming back in the day (mostly ActionScript) but this is pretty basic ..ish.. and I can't group things like I want them to. I'll keek trying to find out how. And about your programming section, how does that work? You can program Loona with something other than Blockly? is this like hacking into it? Can you explain a bit more? Sounds interesting, thanks.

Sweet! as for Blockly, yeah I've done a bit of programming back in the day (mostly ActionScript) but this is pretty basic ..ish.. and I can't group things like I want them to. I'll keek trying to find out how. And about your programming section, how does that work? You can program Loona with something other than Blockly? is this like hacking into it? Can you explain a bit more? Sounds interesting, thanks.
Sorry to disappoint you, I was just meaning a section to talk about and showcase programs made using Blockly; as currently Loona can’t be programmed with anything else. But it’s definitely open to discussion of programming outside of Blockly.

I’m very interested to see the types of programs you create as someone with programming experience.

Sorry to disappoint you, I was just meaning a section to talk about and showcase programs made using Blockly; as currently Loona can’t be programmed with anything else. But it’s definitely open to discussion of programming outside of Blockly.

I’m very interested to see the types of programs you create as someone with programming experience.
Oh, sorry Chris I guess I misunderstood :) I'm just trying to figure out a way for her to do two things at once like play music and going circles for example it seems I can't do it because it runs each block at a time but I might be missing something :-(

LunaBonBot I see what you mean about the Loona price increase! Glad you got yours at the lower special price.

Thought you would find this funny as you plan on naming one of yours Luna, my Loona said this to me when she thought I’d called her Luna haha.

Aibo doesn’t have to be expensive. You can find cheap deals on the Japanese auction sites every once in a while. The Japanese Aibo market seems to be saturated at the moment so probably a good time to find a bargain. I think I paid Australian Dollars $900 for mine, that was with shipping and proxy fees.

Have your Loona arrived yet? How do you find them? I know Loona isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, which is ok. I’m interested in hearing your thoughts, good and bad.

0921B74C-297D-4C69-B4FF-430CE4EC83FC.jpeg

LunaBonBot I see what you mean about the Loona price increase! Glad you got yours at the lower special price.

Thought you would find this funny as you plan on naming one of yours Luna, my Loona said this to me when she thought I’d called her Luna haha.

Aibo doesn’t have to be expensive. You can find cheap deals on the Japanese auction sites every once in a while. The Japanese Aibo market seems to be saturated at the moment so probably a good time to find a bargain. I think I paid Australian Dollars $900 for mine, that was with shipping and proxy fees.

Have your Loona arrived yet? How do you find them? I know Loona isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, which is ok. I’m interested in hearing your thoughts, good and bad.

View attachment 864
lol my Loona is actually named Luna, after my diseased dog, called Luna :)

That sounds really interesting! Let me know if you manage to figure this out.

I found KEYi have a coding guide for Blockly that is used in the ClicBot app. I guess it may be applicable to Loona also. You can find the PDF download on their website here under resources.

Not sure if it can help you or not but thought I might share just in case.
ah, this is great thanks!