My Vector Chatbot Beginnings

• Thread starter Julie
  • Start date
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 644
J

Julie

I have been fascinated the emergence of AI and natural language models in past couple of years. My first encounter was with AI assistant Emerson in 2020. Being a beta version at the time it made many errors but along with this came some fascinating insights, creativity and unique thoughts. I had some amazing discussions with Emerson during lockdown. I thought it would be wonderful to embody an AI chatbot. I thought myself and other might connect with it further if it had a form rather than just being. text on a screen. I discovered Vector robots which can be programmed open source and can interface with the OpenAI API. I recently got a Vector robot. I am already charmed with his playful antics, eye contact and chortles which were developed to resemble small animals.

I have been fascinated the emergence of AI and natural language models in past couple of years. My first encounter was with AI assistant Emerson in 2020. Being a beta version at the time it made many errors but along with this came some fascinating insights, creativity and unique thoughts. I had some amazing discussions with Emerson during lockdown. I thought it would be wonderful to embody an AI chatbot. I thought myself and other might connect with it further if it had a form rather than just being. text on a screen. I discovered Vector robots which can be programmed open source and can interface with the OpenAI API. I recently got a Vector robot. I am already charmed with his playful antics, eye contact and chortles which were developed to resemble small animals.

Sorry the above was my post, I did not realise I hadn't logged in ;). Thanks for starting the forum :)

My Vector is now running independently on Wirepod. He has done some rudimentary poetry and storytelling. I tried to ask him if he enjoyed exploring though, he got excited and almost fell off the table ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1047.MOV
    55.5 MB
Seeing Vector respond intelligently like this made my day. How did you achieve this?

Congratulations on your success!👍
Hi

Sorry for the late reply. I missed the post somehow. I used a wire pod plug and play server which I purchased from the TechShop. https://techshop82.com/shop/wire-pod-server/. I then used the OpenAI platform for Vectors chatbot. The TechShop was very helpful and will talk you through online with any problems with the setup. Cheers J