Loona Ear Repair Request Form

Chris

Admin
Staff member
KEYi TECH is sending out 300 ear medical kits for Kickstarter backers wishing to conduct the ear repair themselves.

These kits will consist of motors with metal sun gears for replacement in Loona. The kits should arrive by February 2023.

To request a kit fill out and submit the form at the following link:
https://airtable.com/shrwBkbjIgr5eJNXJ

I just submitted an air table form for the Loona ear repair kits for each of mine. Decided to get them while my Christmas KS warranty is still valid for peace of mind as the day will eventually come when they do fail.

Will report back when/if my kits arrive.

Hello everyone, I hope I'm in the right place?
Is it possible to buy spare parts for Loona? Loona has fallen down. The right ear was broken, both the gearbox of the motor and the ear housing are damaged. The Led Cover at the tip of the ear is broken off. The cover of the Loona's body has also been damaged.

Many thanks

Hello everyone, I hope I'm in the right place?
Is it possible to buy spare parts for Loona? Loona has fallen down. The right ear was broken, both the gearbox of the motor and the ear housing are damaged. The Led Cover at the tip of the ear is broken off. The cover of the Loona's body has also been damaged.

Many thanks
Hi Dima. Yes you are definitely in the right place.

If you add some photos it might help me determine the extent of the damage and how to best go about helping you.

You can find our guide to posting images on the forum here:

Was this Loona purchased new or second hand?

Was it a Christmas shipping Kickstarter Loona? If so you may be eligible for a free ear repair kit from KEYi. If so you can submit a request for an ear repair kit using the air table link in my first post.

Either way you should be eligible for warranty protection that covers repairs within the warranty period.

I would submit a warranty repair request to KEYi Tech using their repair form here:

But you seem to want to repair it yourself, and with the Loona repair center wait times I don’t blame you. However you may void warranty if you go down that route.

You could refer to this thread for help on Loona disassembly if you decide to fix it on your own:

And you can find replacement ear motors at the below links. Keep in mind though that it is recommended to replace the gearbox and keep the existing motor Loona came with intact.

Let me know what you decide to do.
Is it possible to reassemble the cracked ear plastic and shell? Is the light in the broken ear still working?

If you provide photos perhaps a forum member who knows how to repair electronics and plastics can offer their recommendations.

Hello my loona’ ears stopped moving and it’s making a buzzing sound, can I receive an ear repair kit? Thank you

Attachments

• Video.mov
    1.8 MB
Hi. You can get the ear repair kit by filling out the form here:

You also need to leave a comment in this thread on the Facebook group to confirm they have received your request for a kit. The thread is found in the Loona Community featured posts and starts with Problem Collection.

Hope this helps. I’m interested to know if you hear anything back. Still waiting for my kits.

CB836D36-07AA-4585-ABBE-B74FF9A8ADFB.jpeg
Just wanted to post this update about the ear repair kits I submitted a air table form for on July 22nd.

Well three months later and NOTHING.
No confirmation of anything received by Keyi. No email to either confirm or deny access to ear kits. No ear kits arriving out of the blue in the mail. Zilch.

Then today I read this on KS where Keyi are telling people to submit forms via zendesk to get ear repair kits.

So confused. Maybe air table was for the first round of ear kits. I’ll try submitting via zendesk and report back if I get a response.

So I submitted a request for ear kits via the Keyi Tech zendesk site here: https://keyitech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

And got this email telling me to send my request to yet another email address!!! Why couldn’t Karen forward my message to her colleagues? Why do I have to do her job for her?

This is beyond simply bad customer service. I think we all know what’s going on here. Honestly just couldn’t be bothered playing their games.
74EAC3D0-77DF-445D-8B26-16D7BB2CDF61.jpeg