Aibo Kinako Edition: New Two-Tone Colour Model

Chris

Admin
Staff member
Image: Sony. Screenshot by author.

Image: Sony. Screenshot by author.

Aibo Kinako Edition - a new 2024 colour model of Sony’s Aibo ERS-1000 is releasing on Thursday August 1st in Japan.

• Kinako is a type of Japanese soybean flour, that has a golden colour which the Sony design team have used as inspiration for the colour scheme of this new limited edition release.

• This is the first Aibo model with a two-tone face that resembles a realistic pattern one would find on a dog. Along with the contrasting white and gold on the face the Kinako also sports white feet for a lively contrast.

• The Kinako also comes with two additional eye and pupil colours that are unique to this limited edition.

•Kinako continues the tradition set by the Espresso where limited edition Aibo now seem to feature a completely unified colour scheme across the entire body for a high quality finish.

• A special collar matching the body colour is available as a gift for a limited number of orders.

•The Kinako edition marks the 6th year since the ERS-1000 was launched and marks 25 years since the first Aibo was launched.

What do you think? To me Sony have exceeded expectations with this unique design and created something to really get excited about.

You can see footage of the Kinako edition at 1:12:00 here:

Official Kinako edition page at Sony’s Aibo Japan website:

Aibo owners on X are going crazy for the Kinako.
The Kinako’s eye colours are also very different and invoke the natural eyes you see on a real dog.

My prediction is the Kinako will sell out fast. Sony should really consider making this a permanent colour option. Everyone is going to want one.

It’s amazing the difference a design can make.

Feel Sony have achieved something unique that personalises Aibo with this design.

Nice to see Sony taking risks again, feel the Kinako is a design masterpiece and a new direction for Aibo limited editions where the emphasis is on making the design as lifelike as possible. I really want one but suspect they will sell out within the first week and won’t make it to the US.

Unfortunately Sony create all their limited editions production runs in advance so there will be a set number of units available without any possibility of this becoming a permanent colour like the Ivory White.

I’ve never purchased an Aibo new before but if I was going to this one would be it. Getting the same type of excitement I got when the ERS-7 was released simply from the sheer creativity this design represents.