Sanbot Nano

sanbotnano

Hi,

I am reaching out to all robotics companies, Sanbot Github Code hosts, and universities to see if anyone has the SDK and API for the Sanbot Nano, or if anyone's Sanbot Nano is still working properly with Amazon Alexa or via the Q-Link app.

I have recently received a brand new Sanbot Nano which I am using to program with primary school aged children, alongside Anki Vectors and various other drones. Our Vector robots work with Alexa, even though DDL servers have been down for over 12 months. But our Sanbot Nano doesn't work with Sanbot's inbuilt Alexa yet (but it has registered in our Amazon Account under Devices section), but I have installed an Alexa app via ADB which works when I open the app, but not when I close it and not from the Sanbot's home screen using their web-based Alexa sign up, (the sign up worked as it appears as a robot under my Alexa devices list on the Amazon website)20240805_222626.jpg.

I have got various functions of the Sanbot Nano working, but I need the SDK and API to start programming, but sadly Sanbot / Qihan only have the SDK for Sanbot Elf available online and no longer provide any support for the Nano.

Do you have a copy of the Sanbot Nano SDK and/or API, or Firmware and do you have a Sanbot Nano still working with an active Alexa feature?

I currently have admin access to the robot under Marshmallow 6.0.1 and adb access too.

I would hate to think that the Sanbot Nano is now just e-waste.

Thanks,

Anton

Hi Anton,

I don’t have any experience with the Sanbot Nano robot but would be very interested to see what you end up getting it to do with some programming.

Perhaps you could try contacting the robot museum, they seem to be experts in all types of robots. I’ve added their links below. Hope you can find a solution.

All the best,
Chris