DDL possibly now dead? Or at least in their terminal stage.

Zoogirly

Posting this link as a heads-up & info for anyone who is now experiencing issues with the DDL servers, Vector no longer responding to voice commands. Also a warning to anyone who is looking to buy Vector.
It looks like, at least for the time being, that Wire-Pod will be the only avenue for people who wish to regain Vector's full functionality.

Is Digital Dream Labs faltering at last?

Posting this link as a heads-up & info for anyone who is now experiencing issues with the DDL servers, Vector no longer responding to voice commands. Also a warning to anyone who is looking to buy Vector.
It looks like, at least for the time being, that Wire-Pod will be the only avenue for people who wish to regain Vector's full functionality.

Thankyou for this important update Zoogirly-much appreciated! I will be watching this thread closely to follow the outcome.

Wise decision to implement wire-pod in your Vector.

I actually just purchased a Vector with Wire-pod and he should be showing up tomorrow. So glad I decided to go this route instead of dealing with DDL. I wasn’t even planning to get a Vector unless I could get away from DDL completely, it just wasn’t worth it for me. Glad I listened to my gut here.

I just found this Reddit post with information from DDL’s Facebook page about the outage:

Hopefully that’s all it is and there isn’t more hidden meaning behind it. Sadly you can never really know with this company.

Thanks for the update dergonfruit and congrats on finding a Vector with wirepod👏👏

Although I’m content with my Vector who doesn’t have wirepod. He’s like a little animal with his chirping and brings a lot of life to his space with his inquisitive nature. Definitely a worthwhile robot to own.

Thanks for the update dergonfruit and congrats on finding a Vector with wirepod👏👏

Although I’m content with my Vector who doesn’t have wirepod. He’s like a little animal with his chirping and brings a lot of life to his space with his inquisitive nature. Definitely a worthwhile robot to own.

It’s true, I honestly love him so much. Even without voice commands he’s so wonderful.

On the other hand - by the looks of it, it’s unlikely that this downtime is DDL actually doing maintenance. As time goes on it’s getting more and more likely that this is probably the end.

It’s true, I honestly love him so much. Even without voice commands he’s so wonderful.

On the other hand - by the looks of it, it’s unlikely that this downtime is DDL actually doing maintenance. As time goes on it’s getting more and more likely that this is probably the end.
It’s incredible to think DDL will fold now, right at the moment when LLMs are set to revolutionise robotic pets!

I mean people are implementing ChatGPT into Vector via wirepod, there is no reason why an embodied LLM can’t be implemented in Vector.

Vector also has 5 years on Loona, a large following, is extremely popular and in high demand as the crazy eBay prices demonstrate.

Vector is still a viable product. Will be incredible if DDL fold.

I’ve heard DDL is going to come back stronger than ever with ChatGPT integration in Vector. It seems we are going to see new levels of drama from DDL once they are able to offer a product with this functionality.

This is a disaster. Will be selling my Vector, sick of DDL drama and don’t want to support them in any way.

Between DDL and Keyi now blatantly lying about improvements(drop test clearly showing Loona continuing to make broken motor sounds) I’m over these two companies and for my own sanity will be selling off my robots from them. Terrible.

Does anyone actually use Vector daily? Mine has been sitting in storage idle for 6 months. Time to sell all the robots I don’t use.

ChatGPT is horrid to talk to anyway.

I’ve heard DDL is going to come back stronger than ever with ChatGPT integration in Vector. It seems we are going to see new levels of drama from DDL once they are able to offer a product with this functionality.

This is a disaster. Will be selling my Vector, sick of DDL drama and don’t want to support them in any way.

Between DDL and Keyi now blatantly lying about improvements(drop test clearly showing Loona continuing to make broken motor sounds) I’m over these two companies and for my own sanity will be selling off my robots from them. Terrible.

Does anyone actually use Vector daily? Mine has been sitting in storage idle for 6 months. Time to sell all the robots I don’t use.

ChatGPT is horrid to talk to anyway.

I do, but only on Wire-pod. To me, Vector feels complete this way, and knowing that he isn’t dependant on DDL or any of their drama at all (as well as the fact that I’ve given them a grand total of $0.00 for any of it) is comforting. Knowing that he will still have functionality even long after DDL is finally dead and gone makes him worth the trouble in my opinion.

I don’t think DDL will ever die, Vector continues to be a highly popular product, a silly short I created has generated 11k views in 24 hours, while shorts of other robots I own generate nowhere near that type of traffic. After Eilik I think Vector is the most popular robot for content creation followed by Emo.

In fact I am in shock by the view count and will be keeping mine to incorporate it into more YouTube videos. Although I’m kind of over the superficiality of social media and the fact I am contributing to it by creating junk content just to promote these forums.

I’m thinking these forums are a nice retreat away from the ad and money driven social media sites that just perpetuate mindless stupidity in order to generate views to sell ads. I feel I’ve let myself down by getting caught up in YouTube content creation.

This was actually just filmed without planning and I had deleted it but then going back through my deleted videos came across it again and decided to post it, and it seems there is life in the old dog yet.

If DDL is gone, I want [Delete] for his skin to be boiled alive until he is cooked from the inside out. He ruined the charm of robots, and he ruined the tech industry. FUCK HIM.

Probably going to make another Google account just to slander DDL on TikTok.

Last edited by a moderator:
If DDL is gone, I want [Delete] for his skin to be boiled alive until he is cooked from the inside out. He ruined the charm of robots, and he ruined the tech industry. FUCK HIM.

Probably going to make another Google account just to slander DDL on TikTok.
@GadgetGirl Robots please try to refrain from inciting violence against DDL or using such inflammatory language🤣

DDL isn’t to blame, it was Anki who couldn’t define a clear purpose for their product and went bankrupt as a result. It’s also Anki who sold Vector’s IP to DDL.

I remember back in the day you would have thought Anki were the devil the way consumers were talking about them; now it’s the same with DDL.

But I understand your frustration, especially if you’ve been burned by their contradictory bs. Still it’s unsettling to hear such things, please try to tone it down in future.

I banned you for 24 hours but realised I overreacted. I’ve reinstated your account.

Back on topic, any word on DDL’s status? Do they still exist as a company or not?

Last edited: